XtraMath is a website that was released in 2009. It is a school website. It is being used in elementary schools and sometimes middle schools. It is designed to help students master their basic math facts. Students start from addition facts and work their way up to division. Mr. C is the teacher (in English language, as the teachers vary in different languages).
Why It's Rotten
- When you answer your math questions (mainly in "Race The Teacher"), you only get three seconds to answer (the adult can change the timer, but 10 seconds is the maximum limit). Let us take our time! Math is not a race!
- Mr. C (the "teacher" on the website) is rather annoying. He is often distracting and makes sad faces when beaten in "Race The Teacher." Same can be said with the other representatives.
- This isn't any bad school program, it's one of the worst school programs. Some people claim that this is worse than algebra homework.
- It is easy to type the wrong answer by accident due to rushing when trying to find the keys.
- Race The Teacher does not even help its students when getting to the next level.
- Users only get one chance a day to boost up their scores (Progress Quiz) and multiple chances to ruin them (Progress Quiz and Race The Teacher).
- Unfair and encourages perfection. For instance, when doing 30 problems in "Race The Teacher." Getting 29 answers right in a row out of 30 gives the student a bad score. Let that sink in!
- Even though Common Sense Media is inaccurate most of the time, the negative reviews for XtraMath actually are accurate.
- Little kids (presumably around elementary school age) usually like math. But when they do XtraMath, they turn from math lovers into math haters.