WatchMojo is a Canadian-based privately held video content producer, publisher and syndicator website.
- Most of their Top 10s rely on their fanbase to give suggestions, hence the meme "running out of ideas".
- Some Top 10s show that they're gullible of the fact that "digital, cellphones and internet can replace everything". For example, in their "outdated tech" Top 10, they believe a smartphone camera has the same (or even exceeds) power as a several thousand dollar digital camera.
- Some Top 10s have poor research. Sometimes, they cannot decide on what they're dealing with; whether it be for the most fatal, controversial or even worst.
- For starters, WatchMojo 90% of the time favors American research, likely due to America being the major root of most things (gaming, technology, creativity, etc) compared to other countries, which is incredibly biased regardless.
- Another shining example is the “Top 10 Overhyped Inventions that Flopped” video, where they put the Wii on #5 despite it selling more than 100 million units and being one of the most appealing console to the casual audiences.
- They might list the wrong company behind whatever is being shown or misspell the name.
- This is because they mainly rely on Wikipedia as a reliable source, even though the site can contain misleading information as it can be edited by anybody.
- Sometimes, their top 10 games lists rely on critic scores, which aren't usually the most trustworthy source.
- Sometimes, there are background mentions in Top 10s, but they never show up in the Top 10 list, not even in honorable mentions. For example, "Top 10 E3 Fails" had a clip of Destiny at E3 2014, but it was never broadcasted in any of the positions nor honorable mentions, another example is "Top 10 Disappointing Games of 2017" had a clip of 1-2 Switch, but that wasn't in the Top 5. Top 10 Field Trips Gone Wrong had a clip that involved a high school teacher taking a student to a stripclub which also involved the use of alcohol and tobacco which you know, for his 18th birthday, which also wasn't in the top 10 noir honorable mentions.
- For an easter egg mention; if you look up "watchmojo maplestory" on YouTube, Top 10 Worst Pay-To-Win Games is shown as the first few results, but MapleStory is not even on there.
- They uploaded their YouTube videos in 480p until 2015, when every other YouTube user by that time uploaded their videos in 720p or higher.
- Sometimes, the thumbnails are misleading. Top 10 Indie Game Cliches had a thumbnail of Terraria, but that game wasn't in the video, but if the person watched the video, its 16-bit character in the thumbnail is supposed to mean "retro graphics".
- When it comes to gaming, they expect indie developers to work hard as AAA developers like CD Projekt Red, Bethesda or even Microsoft Game Studios.
- They listed the Magnavox Odyssey in their "Top 10 Worst Video Game Consoles of All-Time", most likely because the Odyssey didn't age well compared to other old-school consoles despite being, you know, the first game console ever made!
- They have a history of stealing ideas for Top 10 lists from other YouTubers, sometimes even stealing list entries and quotes directly from the original YouTuber's video, which could be considered plagiarism. They also sometimes credit the "wrong" person for the commercials/trailers.
- Their infamous "Top 10 Hated Disney Animated Shows" video, which earned the wrath of Gravity Falls fans after the show placed at #7 due to it being "too dark for younger audiences". We kid you not.
- Their choices can be predictable. If it's about best games, Ocarina of Time will be #1. They are often obsessed with Nintendo games and franchises, such as Smash Bros and Legend of Zelda.
- Some of their videos try way too hard to incorporate jokes into the video more than explain why something is on the list like this one.
- Odd choices in various VS videos such as Mario Kart 64 and Banjo Kazooie (even though they are some of the best n64 games of all time) beating Goldeneye 007 and Super Mario 64. Also, Bayonetta beating Kratos.
- In their Pokemon vs Yokai Watch video, they were extremely biased towards Pokemon and didn't give Yokai Watch a single point.
- They think Bugs Bunny is more popular than Mickey Mouse, which is nothing but stupidity.
- Whenever Sonic is brought up, they will try to make any jabs to Modern Sonic as they can, while giving heavy praise to Classic Sonic. Like in their Top 5 Ways to Make Sonic Good Again, their list is in a nutshell, "Sonic must be devolved back to 2D to be good again!"
- Horrendous additional channels like JrMojo, which made stupid reasons to hate something good like Mary Poppins.
- Just like IGN, they are bias about sonic and love angering it's fandom for no reason.
- Sometimes, they put harsh titles at their lists.
- Some of their Top 10s are notably fair, such as Android vs. iOS.
- Helped bring birth to many "Top 10" parody images memes.
- In one SMG4 video, they made fun of them, and it is hilarious.
- They apologized for naming Gravity Falls as one of their "Worst Disney Animated Shows", and later placed it at #3 in their "Top 10 Cartoon Shows of the 2010s" video.
- They gave valid pointers on why Mario is better than Zelda.
- The VS videos are highly entertaining (With the exception of Pokemon Vs. Yo-Kai Watch), such as N64 VS PS1.
- A lot of their videos are very informative.
These are their most famous videos. With the exception of "Most Disliked Videos on YouTube", these will also include videos with a much higher dislike-to-like ratio. This will also include WatchMojo Top 10's videos that have gotten viral with memes, etc.
- "Top 10 Saddest Anime Deaths"
- "Top 10 Hated Disney Animated Shows"
- "Top 10 Internet Trends that NEED to Die"
- "Top 5 Things Destiny 2 Managed To Improve From Destiny 1"
- "Top 10 Saddest YouTube Videos"
- "Top 10 Worst Singers"
- "Top 10 Most Overrated Video Game Franchises"
- "Top 10 Worst Hollywood Remakes"
- "Top 10 Anime Betrayals"
- "Top 10 Reasons Why the Star Wars Prequels are Hated" (remains with the highest dislike ratio)
- "Top 10 Good Songs by Terrible Bands"
- "Top 10 Reasons Why Bill Maher is Hated"
With over 50,000 dislikes at the time of this writing, this is the Top 10 list that started it all.
Proof that WatchMojo.com believes that "cellphones, digital and internet" can replace everything.