Jump to navigation Jump to search
UNILAD is a British news and entertainment site that has a lot of pages on the social networking site Facebook.
Why its Rotten
- They heavily rely on clickbait and misleading information.
- One example being in October 2016, where they claimed they were showing a "live" feed from the International Space Station on their main Facebook page, but the material they showed turned out actually to be old footage.
- They freeboot videos or pictures from other people and make money out of them. What is worse is that they don't even credit the original owner!
- One instance of this was when Jim Caddick (Caddicrus) confirmed on Twitter that someone he knew got banned from Facebook for pointing out that UNILAD stole a video of theirs and reuploaded it as their own.
- They mainly rely on images, videos, internet memes or pop-culture references on their pages to get a pathetic laugh. (most of the time they have nothing to do with what the page is supposed to be about)
- Much like with Kotaku, VICE and Buzzfeed, their articles contain inappropriate content, foul language and misplaced information.
- They for some reason censor the profanity on their pages, yet the images they post on them aren't.
- Much like with other garbage Facebook pages like LADbible, they just post the same stuff over and over again. In fact they're one of the reasons why Facebook has a bad reputation with some people.
- Lack of variety.
- Over-usage of Emojis, Dank Memes and basically anything that is "Cool" or "Hip" with it's target audience.
- The comments on posts tend to be racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, distasteful and extremely vulgar.
- When UNILAD reported the fact rapper Lil Peep died, almost all the comments were offensive and it actually caused their main Facebook page to be taken down for a few hours.
- The UNILAD Sport page is also like this due to the fact they mainly post about Football/Soccer and that it's well known for it's fans. You won't see a comments section on a Soccer-related post without supporters and rivals swearing and cyberbullying each other.
- They post way too many articles in one day, only because their pages have millions of likes and can make money very quickly.