Jump to navigation Jump to search
Typosquatting, is where you take an name, throw in a typo, and make it a thing. They are often used to link to scams or malware.
- The website "goggle.com" was related to the malware SpySheriff as noted by the YouTube video. As noted, it has been excluded by the Wayback Machine and today it resembles a scam site for free items.
- "agor.io" was a screamer that had Jeff the Killer tiled on the entire page.
Why It's Rotten
- It's often used to troll people, and sometimes download malware as well, especially to phish people's data.
- Why typosquat stuff in order to make something look cool? It always makes it worse.
- Because they are usually simple typos, people could unintentionally visit one of these sites if they commit the same typo.