Treatment of opinions as "facts"
We all have our own opinions and it's okay to have one. What's not okay is ignoring other people's tastes since not everyone has to like/hate certain things. It gets more annoying when people would treat their opinions like facts which we will be covering.
Why It's Rotten
- The people who do this would try to act superior towards other people which is being egocentric for a number of reasons.
- According to them "popular opinion or what their favorite critics say means everyone has to like/hate it". This is proof that they only care about themselves than others thus ignoring that not everyone has to like/hate certain products just because it's a popular opinion.
- On a similar note, they think that "good opinion means they're good people or true fans and bad opinions are bad people or false fans".
- Many of them don't know the difference between facts and opinions. A fact is a thing that is known or proved to be true. An opinion, on the other hand, is a view formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. With that said, they never bothered to know the difference or research their meanings.
- The users who do this are either conspiracy theorists, edgelords, internet trolls, manchildren, immature teenagers, or little kids.
- In fact, they still can't handle a different viewpoint.
- They would try to "correct" your impression. Although this depends on the opinion. If correcting is not enough, they can also try to force you to have the same mindset as them.
- Adding more fuel to the fire, they can try to turn your opinion into a meme, impersonate you, or stereotype you.
- Sometimes, they would try to dislike bomb, false flag, or write hate comments to people who have a different assumption on YouTube or other websites.
- Speaking of the comments, some comments can range from biased, poorly constructed, mean spirited (obviously), silly, sexist, ageist, xenophobic, transphobic, ableist, or racist.
- They are so strong that they will make other people feel left out and depressed all thanks to their behavior.
- They are known to cause fights, flame wars, or drama on the internet.
- Lots of circle-jerking.
- Some could even do vandalism which you should probably know by now.
- Two words: False Reviews.
- Thanks to them, they caused so much rampage to many communities including the music, comic book, anime, video game, cartoon, sports, and meme communities all at once.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Some opinions are worth treating like facts.