Rolling Stone is an American biweekly magazine that focuses on popular culture. It was founded in San Francisco in 1967 by Jann Wenner, who is still the magazine's publisher, and the music critic Ralph J. Gleason. It was first known for its musical coverage and for political reporting by Hunter S. Thompson. In the 1990s, the magazine shifted focus to a younger readership interested in youth-oriented television shows, film actors, and popular music. In recent years, it has resumed its traditional mix of content.
Rolling Stone Press is the magazine's associated book publishing imprint. Straight Arrow Press was the magazine's associated book publishing imprint, Straight Arrow Publishing Co., Inc. was the publishing company that published the Rolling Stone.
Why It's Rotten Now
- It created a faux rape article. It was so disastrous that the repercussions brought the entire company to the point of going on sale.
- Ironically enough, they have been accused of sexual misconduct in the workplace.
- One journalist wrote a hit piece on comic books. Comicbook fans trolled her so hard by making her wear a MAGA hat because she is a left leaning person.
- Generational bias towards music and musicians from the 60s and 70s.
- They have an annoying tendency to overuse 3.5 ratings, which some songs should been lower or higher than this.
- Peter Travis has a huge habit of adding blurbs in his reviews.
- Ironically, one of the co-founders was accused of sexual assault after posting a faux rape article.
- One journalist admitted to writing smear pieces against trump and his supporters in order to support the far left.
- They even created a conspiracy theory stating that Melania Trump was being abused.
- One of the writers made a extremely racist statement wishing death upon all white people.
- They stated that Wolfenstein 2 should embrace reality instead of focusing on gameplay.
- CKY has a long grudge against the Rolling Stones due to negative reviews and this feeling is shared with their fanbase.