The Daily Stormer
The Daily Stormer is an American neo-Nazi news and commentary website. It describes itself as "The World’s Most Visited Alt-Right Site". Its editor, Andrew Anglin, founded it on July 4, 2013, as a faster-paced replacement for his previous website Total Fascism.
Its name is derived from Der Stürmer (German for The Stormer/Striker), a Nazi Germany tabloid paper infamous for its anti-Semitism.
Why It's Very Rotten
- The site is openly Neo-Nazi.
- The sole purpose of this site is to spread Nazi propaganda.
- Being Neo-Nazi, they're extremely anti-Semitic, just like the tabloid they're named after.
- Racism typical of Nazis, even white supremacists like Jared Taylor found their constant bashing and insulting of black people "unhelpful". They're also homophobic, Islamophobic, misogynistic, and fatphobic as well as being racist in the most repugnant, repulsive way you could imagine.
- They like to use memes a lot, in order to "attract a younger, more ideologically diverse audience," such as Pepe the Frog, Kek and the (((triple parentheses))).
- They organize armies of Internet trolls who will target anyone Anglin politically disagrees with. They even give advice to trolls on how to limit traceability most notably Tanya Gersh (a Jewish woman) from Whitefish, Montana and British MP Luciana Berger.
- Hypocrisy at its finest! They deny the Holocaust despite the evidence, but they ironically support and advocate a mass genocide of Jews and violence against blacks, non-whites, and LGBT people in certain articles (which makes them hypocrites).
- They also believe in the White Genocide conspiracy theory, yes they believe that White People are dying which has no proof at all!
- Another example is that despite being misogynistic, they're completely fine with Asian women (and maybe their race, as well).
- On top of that, they don't even act like a real Nazi would do. Instead, they act more like the KKK and pretend to be Klansmen.
- Also, they bashed on the Wolfenstein series for being “violent, gory, and a bad influence to children,” when they praised other games that are as violent as Wolfenstein, and supporting racism and genocide to inferior races. This is probably because Wolfenstein has to do with killing Nazis which disgusts The Daily Stormer, so it most likely they have to ignore it and pretend Nazis in game doesn't exist.
- Despite being xenophobic to Mexico, they allow their site to have Spanish.
- In 2016, they've teamed up with the hacker "weev" to spread racist propaganda posters via hacked online printers.
- Later that year on April 20th (Hitler's birthday), they hacked into various printers in German universities to distribute even more Nazi propaganda.
- Even other alt-right activists and organizations has criticized it, some even suspect that Anglin is an undercover Jew.
- Even video games aren't safe from their corruption.
- They've finally crossed the line when they insulted Heather Heyer, who was killed in a vehicular ramming that occurred during the violent Unite the Right rally. This caused the site to be rejected by numerous domain registers.
- Users of the website revealed the personal details of Erin Schrode, a Jewish woman running for Congress in California, and sent her Holocaust-related messages.
- Just like Alt-Right in general, they are probably surrogate opposition.
- The website claims that it disavows violence but as mentioned before they already in certain articles advocate violence and some of its writers are known to have engaged it: for example Robert Warren "Azzmador" Ray was recorded pepper spraying someone at the torch march and admitted it in a podcast and Andrew "weev" Auernheimer has stated that he unequivocally support killing children and has supported Atomwaffen Division (a violent neo-Nazi terrorist organization) alongside another writer Gabriel "Zeiger" Sohier-Chaput. The website also published a few articles about James Mason (the ideologue of Atomwaffen) and SIEGE (Mason's book).
- Not to mention, they're good friends with Stormfront and even supported them during their temporary shutdown.
- The site's performance itself is slower with all the scrolling being twitchy, making Stormfromt's performance (despite being outdated looks) better.
- At least they stood up against FANDOM's policy when the term "SJW" was marked as spam.
- They do support GamerGate and are also highly against SJWs, but in a bad way.
- They also support PewDiePie on YouTube, as well.
- Much like Conservapedia, it can give insight on how some alt-right/neo-Nazi Americans think.
- Daily Stormer Anonymous Prank.png
Trying to blame the hacktivists.
- UPDATED: Racist flyers found at UT say ‘Around blacks ... never relax’, Statesman, 2017, Eric Webb
- Neo-Nazi gave out internet abuse tips in campaign against MP, The JC, 2014, Marcus Dysch
- Printers at German Universities Mysteriously Churn Out Anti-Semitic Fliers, The New York Times, 2016, Alison Smale
- Now the Alt-Right is Targeting Young Boys with Pokémon Nazi Challenge, 2016, David Badash
- The Jews Did Fallout 76
- Neo-Nazi website asks readers to target funeral of Heather Heyer who died in Charlottesville violence, 2017, Will Worley
- However Many Days Later, Media Finally Decides to Report on Stormfront Shutdown
- FANDOM/Wikia Hosting Service Now Blocking All Edits Containing “SJW”
- Gamergate Subreddit r/KotakuInAction Under Attack!