Shock Sites & Videos
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under the age of eighteen.
A shock site is a website that is intended to be offensive or disturbing to it's viewers. They contain material of high shock value, generally of NSFL or otherwise provocative nature. Some shock sites display a single picture, animation, video clip or small gallery, and are circulated via email or disguised in posts to discussion sites as a prank.
- : A site that shows a looping GIF of a transgender woman and a man having anal sex with the woman's penis spinning while the 2003 remix of "You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record)" by Dead or Alive plays in the background.
- : Another site that shows a video about two girls defecating in a cup, eating their own feces, and then vomiting into each other's mouths.
- : An article on Encyclopedia Dramatica that contains loads of NSFW and NSFL images, as well as extremely graphic content.
- : A site featuring a man named Kirk Johnson (now deceased) stretching his anus so hard that you can see the inside. Another picture on the site features a photo-shopped picture of the same man with a giant penis.
- : A site that contains a still image of 3 elderly naked men on a bed kissing and having oral sex.
- : A site that shows a video of a naked Russian man (now deceased) shoving a jar up his anus, which breaks inside, causing blood to start dripping out of it.
- A site that shows the same naked Russian man heavily damaging his penis with a screwdriver and splattering blood everywhere. The man, later revealed to be named Alexey Tatarov, later died from penile infection.
- : A still image of a naked woman lying on a bathtub with a fountain of yellowish-orange liquid gushing from her raised buttocks onto her face.
- : A video on YouTube that shows a vet putting its fingers into a dog's anus to express its anal glands.
- : A still image of Ralph from Wreck-It Ralph (based on promo art) photoshopped with a large erect penis. Image is now offline.
- : Shows highly violent real-life news, photos and videos, with authored opinion and user comments.
- ManBeef: Where to buy human meat (was a hoax) and recipes.
- Bonsai Kitten: Another hoax site with pictures of cats forced inside jars.
- HotNewHipHop: Shocking events involving celebrities.
- Omegle: Claims to be a online chatting website, yet it's filed with a ton of sexual predators who will hesitate to dox the user if the user leaves their chat.
- Chatroulette: Claims to be a online chatting website, yet it's filed with a ton of men masturbating on cam, as well as predators.
- A site that displays a naked African-American man bending over and sucking his own penis.
- : A highly-graphic video in which the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs torture and murder 48-year-old Sergei Yatzenko in a forest by repeatedly bashing his face in with a hammer held inside a plastic bag and essentially turning it into a bloody pulp; at one point, then stabbing him in the eye and abdomen with a screwdriver.
- : A parody of Wikipedia. It has many disturbing images and pages, and even Rule 34 images. , and are the best examples.
- : The first shock site on the Internet, which existed back in 1996. Was a site that collected actual real pictures of dead people, disgusting diseases, deformed bodies, etc.
- : A bait and switch shock site that first warns you about dark and adult humor but when the user clicks "Enter". They're greeted to extremely loud distortions of Loud Nigra, a video of a man squatting in a pool full of semi-clotted blood, while forcing a large bloodstained industrial screw down his urethra along with a background that flashes from a guy with his face smashed in by a bear and a baby with the Harlequin-type ichthyosis.
- : A shock site that is disguised as a feminist blogging site to lure people to click on the "Enter" button. After the user clicks on "Enter", the site will enter fullscreen with a video compilation of women being tortured, mutilated, and killed.
- Was a bait and switch shock site that disguised itself as a nonprofit golf and country club community. The site even had a YouTube and Twitter account to further disguise itself and possibly some offshoot accounts. The main page of the site displayed a white background containing the logo with trees behind it and a button. When the button/logo is clicked, the site will display a short GIF of 2 men having anal sex, accompanied by an extremely loud looping sound of a man moaning in order to alert people around you. There was a "malicious" script running after clicking the button; it automatically opened 2 window tabs and bounced around the screen, showing the same GIF that was shown in the main page. At this point, the user had to use Task Manager to kill the browser.
- Desk Corporate IT: An alternative to Glory Hole Foundation, this time primarily targeted at professionals and other people who work in various businesses, making them think that the site was relating to technical stuff. The main page of the site consisted of a logo depicting an infinite symbol, a title, and some text that said: "We're Here to Help." If you clicked the button, the same thing as Glory Hole Foundation happens, but this time, the GIF consists of a woman eating her own feces, accompanied with an extremely loud sound of her moaning and gagging.
- A challenging site that consists of extremely graphic and pornographic videos. Such examples include 2 girls accidentally breaking a bone while arm wrestling, a scene from Jackass where the crew members give themselves papercuts, a performer accidentally messing up a trick and knifing his hand in the process (later revealed to be fake), a Russian man crawling out of his burning car, a baby getting run over by a train (removed), a man getting a hot iron pressed on his penis, a Lebanese man jumping off a ledge and splitting his face open, a man drilling through his split open penis, etc.
- A video originating from Discord that consists of a clip from the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "The Algae's Always Greener", where SpongeBob calls out "Victory screech!", but before he and all of the customers do the ululating cry, it immediately cuts to a naked man cutting the tip of his penis off while breathing out of agonizing pain, followed by him applying a tissue afterwards.
- A site that displayed a red button with the text "poo" within the middle, along with text saying "Press The Poo Button...You know you want to.", the first time the button was pushed, it made a fart noise and the text changed into: "Ooh delightful! Press it again.", Pressing it for a second time made another fart noise play and the text changed to: "Haha! Nice one! Press it again." The third time you pushed the button, it immediately displayed a GIF of someone defecating onto an unadorned woman's chest, followed by Scatman John - Scatman(ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop) playing.
- A series of videos depicting different men painfully mutilating, electrocuting, burning and dilating their own genitals.
Why Many of Them Suck
- They're designed to ruin your appetite and/or sanity.
- 2 Girls 1 Cup is a perfect example.
- The video prominently displays human feces, which is then eaten like ice cream. No joke, it's disgusting!
- It has the two actresses vomiting their feces into each other's mouths!
- Eating feces is extremely dangerous because it can make you have pneumonia.
- A classical musical song does not match the type of video this is. What's even more ironic is that its actual name is "Lovers Theme" by Herve Roy.
- Even the actresses consumed actual human feces and it's extremely disgusting to look at. Who the hell would do this?!
- 2 Girls 1 Cup is a perfect example.
- There sites are displayed with a various, highly shocking content, involving pornography, dead people, gore, mutilation, diseases, unborn babies, cannibalism, trypophobia.
- Even worse, the Harlequin-type ichthyosis, which could be scary to some users.
- Some shock sites may contain viruses, which can damage the user's computer.
- According to Best Gore, Mark Marek was arrested and charged under Canada's obscenity law with corrupting public morals and followed with the hosting of a video that showed a real-life murder being committed by Luka Magnotta. the infamous "" shock video.
- Some are rather zoophilic as some shock sites and videos can involve animals being murdered in gruesome ways.
- Thanks to the fact that some sites have misleading names, trolls began using them to shock/anger/annoy people, which can be considered clickbait.
- The Bjork Stalker tapes are an example of this, it involves a 21-year-old Ricardo López talking about his obsession with the Icelandic singer, Björk. He later became angry over her relationship with musician Goldie so he attempted to kill Björk.
- López made a package bomb disguised as a book that he hoped would kill Björk in her London home.
- López made racist comments towards one of Björk's boyfriends, Clifford "Goldie" Price.
- In the final tape, López shoots himself in the head with a pistol.
- There are even animated shock videos, which is made even worse by the fact that they mimic kids' shows, with most of them even go forth to have pedophilia, bestiality, objectophilia, incest, and gore thrown in.