Rooster Teeth (2018-present)
|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Rotten Websites Wiki's quality standards.|
Five pointers that are either generic or sound opinion-based.
Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC (d/b/a Rooster Teeth) is an American media and entertainment company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Founded in 2003 by Burnie Burns, Matt Hullum, Geoff Ramsey, Jason Saldaña, Gus Sorola, and Joel Heyman. Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of Otter Media, which is a subsidiary of WarnerMedia Entertainment, a division of AT&T's WarnerMedia.
Why They Suck Now
- They are very involved in corporate shilling.
- They support corrupt voice actors and they were responsible for kicking Vic off RWBY.
- The forum moderators are even inept at doing their jobs.
- They are very greedy. When they started losing money due to their actions, they started raising prices which led to many people leaving the site.
- They also insult their own audience.
- Unpaid labor.
- They even blamed Gamergate for Trump's inauguration.
- They encourage doxing and threats to people who disagree with them. That Umbrella Guy was one such target from them due to his #IStandWithVic stance to the point his home was vandalized and he received multiple death threats from #Kickvic supporters.
- Clickbait is more rampant now.
- They don't care about their consumers' health, only about money. For example, they made a tasteless joke about infecting any RTX 2020 attendees with sickness during the current epidemic. This establishes them as sociopaths who are willing to exploit their audience's illness for profit. However, they would make RTX 2020 a virtual event afterward instead.
- They support political correctness, as they removed many videos not only from their own YouTube channel, but from the channels they own as well because they wanted to "foster connections with broader diverse audiences", which turned out to be nonsensical because YouTube is more accessible internationally.
- They've been adding their own shows to other different streaming services and then their own later down the line, instead of the other way around, thus alienating First subscribers in the process.
- They deleted every single volume, along with all of their episodes of RWBY on YouTube, with the exception of the first episode in the series.
- When people are starting to watch a video, there are unskippable ads, unless they have to sign in in First to get rid of the ads.
- Some of their series like Red vs Blue, RWBY, Camp Camp, gen:LOCK (the first season) and DEATH BATTLE! are still enjoyable.
- Back when they were an independent company, making nothing but web shows, they were good, but when they were acquired by Otter Media, things started to go downhill for them.
- They fired Ryan Haywood of Achievement Hunter and Adam Kovic of Funhaus after they were both exposed for grooming their young female fans.
- They still have likable members like Michael Jones and Gavin Free.