Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quora is a website where people ask and answer questions.
- They give out BNBR (Be nice be respectful) warnings over everything. Someone even got one just for telling someone not to kill themselves, while people who ask very rude/passive aggressive questions get away scot-free.
- Lots of female users get harassed and no action is ever taken against the offenders. In some cases the victims get punished as well.
- One of the rules is that if anyone sends you threatening messages or anything of the sort, you are allowed to post screenshots publicly as proof. However you have to censor that perpetrator's name for some reason!.
- If you refuse to answer a message you can get reported for "being rude".
- Plenty of people waste others' times by asking extremely stupid questions, such as "Should we ban black cars?", "Can snails explode?" or "What happens if I masturbate?".
- Your answers can get collapsed for dumb reasons like "it hurts feelings".
- Convoluted and forced sign-in process that feels like a Facebook profile creation. The worst offender being the "interests" section, which doesn't have a search bar unlike every single other data you can introduce, only shows completely general stuff until you click on something (which is inconvenient when even Facebook has a search bar) and it forces you to pick 10 things before letting you progress.
- On November 30 2018, the account data of 100 million site users was revealed to have been stolen by a "malicious third party", likely a hacker or group of hackers. This information included stuff like encrypted passwords.
- They force users to show their real names, so using something like "QuestionMan12" can get you blocked.
- They don't allow the way back machine to crawl the site. This allows Quora to rewrite history if a user wants them to.
- There are comical moments when a stupid question gets answered by an equally dumb answer.
- There exist many professionals who can give out useful advice or knowledge on otherwise lesser known subjects.
- Many people have expressed their tragic lives stories and received support.