Playing the victim card
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Playing the Victim Card" is an act of manipulation where someone portrays an act of misfortune. This act is also infamously known for being extremely toxic.
Why They're Rotten
- They are manipulating people (usually for abuse), only to end up crying wolf when their true motives get discovered.
- Many who do this only think about themselves.
- Many fandoms, hatedoms and people do this. Since whenever someone disagrees with them, they usually treat it like that person's bullying them.
- The MeToo Movement even does this. Do we really need to say anything?
- Most people who do this think that what's happening to them is worse than things like child abuse, rape, and even the Holocaust.
- An act of hypocrisy: They don't like it when someone blames on them, and yet they (falsely) blame others.
- Even governments do this. As the Chinese government tried this to avoid a lawsuit from other governments.
- This act mostly hurts the person doing the victim card rather than hurting others. So why are they doing this?
- They even go as far as to destroy a person's legacy such as Vic Mignogna, Michael Jackson and Johnny Depp.
- Religious Nut-jobs are no stranger to this. As they play the victim card whenever they discover someone with a different religion.
- SJWs use this as one of their methods to get the media to pander to them and ruin people's reputations. For example, Funimation.
- They give real victims a bad name.
Examples of Fandoms, Hatedoms and People that do this act
- YandereDev is a perfect example for this. He always uses the "harassment" excuse to play the victim card and he even made a video where he portrayed himself as a young girl to play the victim card and get sympathy.
- TheTopTens Community does this whenever someone sees someone else having a different opinion. That's how several users such as Disney1994 had to leave the site for a while!
- Social Justice Warriors are among the most infamous example of this, they have their own page in this wiki to show examples.
- Strawberry Milk also uses this, she will play the victim card and cry harassment for easy sympathy points whenever she gets called out.
- That Vegan Teacher uses this frequently when criticized by other people (which happens a lot.)