Paste is a monthly music and entertainment digital magazine, headquartered in Decatur, Georgia, with studios in Manhattan and Davenport, Iowa, and owned by Paste Media Group. The magazine began as a website in 1998. It ran as a print publication from 2002 to 2010 before converting to online-only.
Why they are rotten
- They attack the video game culture and they stated that video games don't need to be defended because they don't hire people of color.
- They attacked the Ion Fury development team for their anti-SJW views and labeled them "alt-right".
- They blamed PewDiePie for mass shootings.
- They push fake news if it fits their narratives.
- They are very much against violent movies and video games, because it attacks their left-wing views as seen with the 2018 movie Death Wish.
- They also attacked Brad Glasgow for his pro-GamerGate views.
- They slandered Red Dead Redemption 2 for having a "redface".
- They barely get paid for the articles they write.
- They attacked Ubisoft for their apolitical stance.
- They defended Polygon for having unprofessional gameplay as seen with Doom.
- They also attacked John Bain for his pro-consumer stance and GamerGate support.
- Hypocritically, someone who hated Mortal Kombat, wrote an article praising it as if they were a life-long fan.
- They don't even do any research for articles, such as one case with the God of War reboot being called sexist without the reviewer even playing previous games.
- They have very unprofessional reviewers, such as one case with Devil May Cry 5 being rated down, due to the reviewer's own lack of skill. And because Dante, Nero and "V" are also the heroes instead of Trish or Lady.
- They called Breath of the Wild "transphobic", because of the lack of transgender characters.
The only redeeming quality
- They are against censorship in social media.