One Million Moms
Jump to navigation Jump to search
One Million Moms is a small conservative website created by the American Family Association. Their goal is opposing mainstream media's "immorality, abuse, vulgarity and profanity," simply by trying to stir up public outcry.
Why They're Rotten
- They are infamous for whining over very little things they find on media (things like a same-sex marriage which they loath the most.), and would force whatever company is distributing that type of media to cave into their bigotry by boycotting it with failed results. They would also send the company a petition when petitions don't work most of the time unless you have a valid reason to make the petition.
- Whenever anything has an LGBT character in it, they want to get it banned for no reason.
- Heck, even they want The Owl House to be canceled because they think it's "demonic".
- By looking at its name, you can already tell the site is full of moral guardians and bible thumpers.
- On the "One of Our Latest Victories" section, they labeled Lucifer as one of the shows they got canceled, yet it got moved to Netflix (though it was actually removed).
- One Million Moms even thinks that all of the major leaders of the Nazi regime were homosexual, which was a myth made by infamous fundamentalist Scott Lively. One, this claim has no historical evidence (the only high-ranking Nazi known to be homosexual was Ernst Röhm, who was executed for treason early in Hitler's reign), and it got rejected by historians. Second, do they even realize that there were LGBT victims in the Holocaust?
- The logo is very basic and generic.
- They claim that they want their voices to be heard, yet they do that by throwing tantrums on the internet whenever they see something they find that differs from their beliefs.
- The title is quite laughable, as the site hasn't reached a million moms yet.
- They make very nonsensical claims without providing any form of evidence such as how they wanted people to send emails to Wendy's thank them because they believe Wendy's is against abortion for donating to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption instead of Planned Parenthood, and pretty much implying that Wendy's is an anti-abortion company (which they have made no statement on as far as we know).
- They attack certain channels for airing episodes with LGBTQ+ references.
- They attacked PBS Kids because the Arthur episode, "Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone" features a gay wedding.
- They also attacked Disney's Star vs. the Forces of Evil because an episode features a gay couple. The same goes for other Disney shows like The Owl House for having Luz being confirmed bisexual.
- They have even gone after content not meant for children in the first place like the Disney movie Hamilton. So wait, if this group claims to "stop the exploitation of our children, especially by the entertainment media", then why are they going after more adult content when the media that they target isn't always meant for children.
- They would call themselves a group that "speaks the truth" as seen in this campaign. News flash, they are just being moral guardians/religious nut-jobs. So with that said, they can't seem to take criticism.
- They got offended over Frank's RedHot slogan "I put that (bleep) on everything!" which is possibly unnecessary censorship.
- They are one of the groups who started cancel culture.
- They lost their minds over a Burger King commercial where a man says only one use of the word "damn". It's not like the end of the world!
- They also got offended by a 2021 Super Bowl commercial for General Motors because Will Ferrell says "D*** it!" two times.
- They can't handle jokes about religion or other conservative causes. For example, they got offended over the show Teachers over a joke that involves Jesus.
- They think that they are above the world like saying that "Such content goes against conservative values that are important to your primary audience. You will lose viewers if you continue to cave to the LBGTQ agenda" (this quote can explain it). So basically, they just act like they're being self-centered. Also, they don't seem to realize that conservative LGBT people still exist.
The Only 2 Redeeming Qualities
- They criticized the movie “Cuties” for sexualizing young girls. (The reason why the link isn't here is because the link now leads to a empty page.)
- They're also against 13 Reasons Why for promoting suicide.