Lily Orchard is a YouTube producer, comedian and critic specializing in animation and television, with her major focus surrounding My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Her original works are a riff show titled In A Minute and a more general pundit/opinion show titled Glass of Water.
Why She's Rotten
- She is an extreme social justice warrior, as she not only has a huge hatred towards republicans and conservatives but also overuses the insults "Nazi" and "fascist"; in fact, she calls out anyone who dislikes her and refers to them as a "Trump-supporting fascist Nazi", which is false.
- She called Rebecca Sugar a "Nazi sympathizer" and an idiot because the Diamonds in Steven Universe had redeemed themselves.
- She called TheMysteriousMrEnter a "fascist" because he supposedly defended Candace Owens, which is not true; in his Technocracy video on Twitter, he just stated how conservatives get banned from Twitter sometimes; in fact, Mr. Enter is a libertarian centrist.
- She is heterophobic, as she hates people who are straight and whined about there being straight couples in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- She despises the trope of female characters... wearing skimpy outfits in combat scenarios; it is for this reason she hates specific series such as Kill la Kill, the latter of which she briefly used as a visual example in her video "Tropes vs Orchard Blossom", stating in the text that it needs to "die a brutal, painful, gory death."
- She is unable take criticism at all, even going as far as disabling likes and dislikes on her videos and heavily moderating the comment section to ensure any comments on her videos are from "sheep fans" who hang onto every one of her statements, thus creating an ideological echo chamber and silencing criticism... although, on occasion, Lily will allow comments she deems "stupid" so she can reply to them and look smart.
- Her ego is bigger than Jupiter, as her pompous attitude easily makes her one of the most insufferable people in the analysis community, and she also claims that her opinions are never wrong and treats them as facts.
- She claims that her played-up ego is intended for comedy, except her videos, especially Glass of Water, are devoid of any humor whatsoever.
- She abused her former friend, Josh Scorcher, and tried to play the victim card; this definitely proves Lily to be a self-righteous, hypocritical abuser who constantly attempts to pass off the blame for her actions on others and claims she is the real victim.
- She is so cruel to the point where when Josh got engaged with his girlfriend she stated her hopes for his fiancé to break up with him.
- She also called him "malignant human cancer".
- During her time as Josh's editor, she would refuse to edit any video in which his opinions differed from her own, ultimately leading to Josh firing her.
- Almost every time she brings up Josh, she uses the same picture of him crying in a shower... which ironically originated from a skit where Josh was criticizing fan reactions to Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn.
- Her rant video of Steven Universe.
- Hypocrisy: she compared Yellow Diamond, the one character whom she claims is undeserving of redemption, to Darth Vader, even though the latter was a tragic antagonist who had redeemed himself.
- She criticizes TheMysteriousMrEnter for previously bashing specific crew members who worked on SpongeBob SquarePants, but she herself harasses specific crew members who worked on Steven Universe.
- She dislikes antagonists being reformed, yet dislikes the series finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic just because they turned a child into stone... even though Cozy Glow literally committed genocide!
- She also dislikes bullies being reformed and heavily advocates for violence against them, yet praises The Loud House, in which the character Ronnie Anne was redeemed.
- In a long answer she wrote about "Newbie Dash", an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, on Tumblr, she literally told others "to suck up to criticism or go home and cry"; ironically, Lily herself cannot seem to take criticism.
- Lily even admitted that she does not see hypocrisy as such a bad thing.
- She admitted that she was "too hard on Rebecca Sugar," and later posted a comment that proves otherwise.
- She nitpicks every frame of content in any form of media she dislikes and takes things way too seriously that no casual viewer or child would ever pick up on.
- Her attitude towards the antagonists from Steven Universe is not only far too pessimistic but also misses the point; the series is not about instantly redeeming everyone, but instead about healing, learning to love oneself and fixing your mistakes. The only character on the show with a "forgive everyone" mentality is Steven himself, whose mentality is proven to be flawed at various points in the series, with one example being "Room For Ruby" in which he is too trusting of Navy, who then ends up turning her back on him; additionally, Navy, along with Aquamarine, Jasper, Eyeball and Emerald, never redeemed themselves at all in the series.
- Her hatred towards Starlight Glimmer from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is so severe to the point where she wants her dead out of malice; the same can be said for Akko from Little Witch Academia.
- Her takes on mental health and autism are awful; she falsely believes people with anxiety issues are "mentally sick," and that symptoms of autism are just the result of bad parenting.
- She praises Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory as an example of a "good autistic character," despite Sheldon being a massive stereotype who is the butt of everyone's jokes.
- She has a bad habit of speaking over autistic voices and putting words into others' mouths; she did this to Tumblr user @scarlet-titan and blocked her before she could say what she was getting it.
- She has demanded that autistic people work to act more neurotypical instead of allistic (opposite of autistic people) working on accepting autistic differences.
- In "Glass of Water - Guard Break", she straight-up advocates for violence towards bullies if said bully refuses to cease their behavior after being told to stop.
- She falsely claimed on numerous occasions that fans of story-driven shows with serious stories are just "man-children" who are insecure about liking "kids stuff."
- She also falsely believes every fan of anime are perverts.
- Her take on art theft is atrocious, as she simply dismisses it and acts like she owes the artist nothing; there was an entire saga spanning about a month in which she was targeting an artist who merely wanted to be credited for an image Lily used in one of her videos.
- She bullies her own fans on her Tumblr, going as far as insulting them, telling them to "fuck off," referring to them as idiots and even stating that her fans are "legendarily thick"... and yet, her fanbase is still loyal to her; Lily has said that her fans giving her suggestions for media to cover have given her "really bad stress," and in a different post, Lily has said that her stress has given her a really bad heart condition. She basically said that her fans giving her suggestions stresses her out so bad that she's close to getting a heart attack. Additionally, she has said that she's berated her own patrons who have left somewhat mean comments on other people's videos for 10 minutes, to the point where (by her own admission), one of them was crying by the end of it.
- She seems to support pedophilia and bestiality, and the evidence she supports both is strong:
- First and foremost, she is one of those who has created erotic fanfiction for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Pokémon; in her fanfiction for Pokémon, "Poke-Madhouse", some of the trainers engage in sexual intercourse with their own Pokémon. Ironically enough, the moral of the story is that if a human engages in sexual activity with a Pokemon, the latter would be unable to lay an egg since inter-species relationships do not exactly work well; however, following that moral, the trainers continued engaging in sexual intercourse with their own Pokémon as if nothing was said. Her fanfiction for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, "Stockholm", is about ponies developing what can only be described as Ephebophilia; this singular fanfiction, in particular, has made her a pariah in the fanbase for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Ironically, she once lashed out at the fandom for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for allegedly being "full of pedophiles".
- She also supports MovieBob, who is a pedophile as he had defended Cuties, which pretty much sexualizes pre-pubescent girls; Lily herself had also defended Cuties on her Tumblr.
- She has a questionable taste in episodes of Family Guy; among her "Top 10" are infamous episodes such as "Seahorse Seashell Party", "Brian's a Bad Father" and "Screams of Silence", all of whom basically advertise toxic relationships; it really says a lot about her as a person. Her top favorite episode is "Quagmire's Dad", which came across as incredibly transphobic, ironic considering how Lily herself is transgender.
- Part of her review of The Owl House is stolen from the series' YMMV article on TV Tropes; in fact, she plagiarizes several things from TV Tropes, with quotes from her earliest "In a Minute" videos being ripped directly from the WarpThatAesop article of TVT's MLP page; when people attempted to call her out on it she tried to downplay it, claiming she believed it to be common knowledge.
- She lashed out at an artist who drew fan art of her puppet with the wrong proportions; even if she had an eating disorder problem she is old enough to explain her problems.
- On Twitter she made a terrible list of so-called "Writing Tips", which is basically covered-up salt with series she dislikes such as She-Ra; she also treats every single one of her tips as if they were objective facts, with one example being her statement that the sitcom Friends is more popular and better than anime; she had also deleted that thread, which does not exactly help.
- She downplayed the deadly coronavirus. She also implied that she's an anti-masker.
- Several of her videos and her avatar are impressive.
- She does often have mature reasons for why she dislikes any specific work of media; however they are hidden under excessive nitpicking and immaturity.
- In her Glass of Water series, she called out toonkritic who was a pedophile and a pervert.