Landover Baptist Church Forum
The Landover Baptist Church Forum is the website of a parody fundamentalist Baptist church. The church lampoons fundamentalist, Independent Baptist churches and Biblical literalism, and originated as a satire of Liberty University.
The site was created by Chris Harper, who obtained his master's degree in English Literature from George Mason University in 1993 after being expelled from Liberty University (founded by Jerry Falwell) in 1989 for producing a radio show satirising the school's procedures which Liberty's administration found offensive. Harper responded to the expulsion by creating the Landover Baptist Church website, described by Pop Matters as both a parody and an exposé of the religious subculture at Liberty.
Why It's Rotten
Note: The website is meant to be a joke, meaning it was meant to be bad.
- Always misunderstanding things, such as them saying the hit 2007 game Team Fortress 2 promoted homosexuality.
- Members always think that if you do one thing bad in your life, you go to hell. This is obviously not true!
- They always think entertainment is made by Satan.
- Cucumbers are apparently the reason God exists, as stated on the blog. Again, this isn't true!
- Peterscraps, a TF2 and Overwatch player, made 2 videos showcasing just how bad the community are over there.
- Being a fundamentalist site, it posses alt-right ideologies, including (but not limited to) white supremacy, anti-LGBT, xenophobia, women are not meant to lead or have real jobs, outlawing science, and every religion except for Baptist Christianity should be banned.
- They are also insulting Tove Jansson and the Moomin (Due to her status of LGBT background) and even misinformation.
- They are also praising atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. LET JUST SINK IT!
- As stated above, it's an obvious troll website, meaning it's not serious.
- Peterscraps' first video on Landover Baptist.
"DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!" - A "dramatic" reading by Peterscraps.
- DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY OVERWATCH! - A "dramatic" reading
Peterscraps' second video on Landover Baptist.