Landover Baptist Church Forum
The Landover Baptist Church Forum is the website of a parody fundamentalist Baptist church. The church lampoons fundamentalist, Independent Baptist churches and Biblical literalism, and originated as a satire of Liberty University.
The site was created by Chris Harper, who obtained his master's degree in English Literature from George Mason University in 1993 after being expelled from Liberty University (founded by Jerry Falwell) in 1989 for producing a radio show satirising the school's procedures which Liberty's administration found offensive. Harper responded to the expulsion by creating the Landover Baptist Church website, described by Pop Matters as both a parody and an exposé of the "oppressive" religious subculture at Liberty.
Why They're Intentionally Rotten
Note: The website is meant to be a joke, meaning it was meant to be bad.
- Misunderstanding things, such as saying the hit 2007 game Team Fortress 2 promoted homosexuality and mockery of the Christian faith.
- Members always think that if you do one thing bad in your life, you go to hell. This is obviously not true!
- Always thinking entertainment is made by Satan. Not true.
- Cucumbers are apparently the reason God exists, as stated on the blog. Again, this isn't true!
- Peterscraps, a TF2 and Overwatch player, made 2 videos showcasing just how bad the site's community is.
- Being a fundamentalist site, they possess alt-right ideologies, including (but not limited to) white supremacy, anti-LGBT, xenophobia, misogyny, outlawing science, and belief in banning every religion except for Baptist Christianity.
- Insulting Tove Jansson and the Moomin (due to her status of LGBT background).
- Praising the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, caused by two nuclear bombs that killed tens of thousands of Japanese each.
- As stated above, it's an obvious troll website, meaning it's not serious.