"That is what Jukin Media is; a predatory and malicious licensing corporation that preys on creators who are unable to effectively fight them off. It's really sickening."— Upper Echelon Gamers
Jukin Media is a 2009 entertainment website designed for licensing videos which they feature in their content.
Why It's Rotten
- They are extremely against people using content from them, despite falling under fair use, and will resort to false copyright claims and DMCA takedowns.
- They charged YouTuber MxR Plays $6,000 ($1,500 for each video) for using their videos. This can be considered extortion, which is illegal.
- They demanded Ray William Johnson to take down 40 of his Equals Three videos.
- In order to use any of their content without getting extorted, you will have to pay a licensing fee.
- They often strike down videos just because they had a similar title to one of their videos.
- They have a tendency to pretend that some of their videos were originally from them, and will strike down the original creator's video.
- Their responses to videos getting unfairly taken down are terrible, as they don't ever try to help the person whose video they struck down.
- They even act passive-aggressive in some of their responses, which shows that they don't care about whether or not they fairly strike down videos.