Jonathan McIntosh (born 1991) is an American producer, writer, artist, and cultural critic. He is the creator of the Pop Culture Detective Agency video series examining intersections of politics, masculinity, and entertainment. He was also a producer and co-writer on the Tropes vs. Women in Video Games YouTube (post-2013) video series.
Why He's Rotten
- Highly against the idea of video games being "Fun" even though that's the primary purpose of games.
- Much like Sarkeesian, McIntosh cherry-picks each moment which he deems sexist or racist, and make a fuss out of them.
- Extremely anti-GamerGate.
- One of the most notable examples is when he tweeted about how the GG mascot Vivian James's purple and green color scheme is based on a "rape joke" (the Piccolo Dick). One would have thought that McIntosh, as a feminist, would have known the color scheme of suffragettes. (In case you don't know, Vivian's shirt is actually a jab at online censorship and a nod to Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry.)
- Highly against violent video games such as DOOM (2016) or Dishonored 2 while at E3 and spent the major part of it complaining about sexism and misoginy.
- Some of the reasons behind his critiques are extremely illogical and absurd. For example, he once claimed that video games are tools for the "patriarchal masculinity" because both games and patriarchy are centered around control.
- Very hypocritical; he said he couldn't find happiness in a person's death, even if it was Osama Bin Laden yet when Cristopher Hitchens died he literally said "good riddance".
- Once accused Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory of racism.
- Some say he's the puppet master of Feminist Frequency and Anita Sarkeesian.
- Like his puppet, McIntosh constantly bashes pop-culture subjects which he has little knowledge of.
- Painted the entire U.S. army as torturers.
- He has also supported the terrorists who attacked French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.
- He's the subject of the term #FullMcIntosh, which was coined by Sargon of Akkad after McInotosh retweeted the article Why GamerGate Already Lost posted by Badass Digest/Birth.Movies.Death author Devin Faraci. The term is a reference to "You Just Went Full Retard". Since then, GG supporters have used the term to mock McIntosh and sometimes Social Justice Warriors in general for their farfetched claims.
- Brianna Wu once criticized McIntosh for his disdain to opinions different to his, blaming it on his "male privilege". Although it's certain that McIntosh comes from a wealthy family (see gallery below), it is even more ironic that Wu comes from a rich family herself, making her ”privileged”.
McIntosh Showing Off