Jezebel is a blog site geared towards women, under the tagline "Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. Without Airbrushing." It was launched in 2007 by Gawker Media (formerly) as their 14th blog site and is currently owned by Univision Communications. It was created by Anna Holmes in order to better serve Gawker's female readers (which made up 70% of the site's readership at the time).
Why It's Rotten
- Like their former owner, Gawker, they have a ton of clickbait articles. Here's a prime example.
- And no, you cannot complain about it. (see comment sections).
- They often find sexism in the smallest of details. For example, they once refused to review No Man's Sky just because they found the title sexist.
- Took up an anti-GamerGate stance just like Gawker and Kotaku.
- In 2012, Jezebel published screen shots of a video depicting rape. Some users threatened to boycott the site as a result.
- Double standards typical of SJWs.
- The site was criticized for being racist. For example, in 2014, when choosing a new editor-in-chief, they picked a white woman over a black candidate who had been with the site since its founding.
- If a woman dresses attractively, they must be slut shamed, according to them.
- Misandristic much like several other feminist blogs.
- They thought it was a good idea to post this on Father's Day.
- They mocked the death of Mike Pence's dog.
- They bashed Benedict Cumberbatch because his ancestors owned slaves.
- They have encouraged domestic abuse against men.
- They believe that women should be slut shamed if they are pro-life.
- Involved in creating fake news to share anti-Trump narratives.
- Actor Jeremy Irons was attacked by them for being pro-life.
- They even defend pushing fake news.
- They defended Ariana Grande for licking a doughnut, calling it self discovery.
- Overuse of the word penis.
- When they called out on Twitter for accidentally thinking that Chun-Li was in Mortal Kombat in their article "Who Forgot To Invite Chun-Li to the Mortal Kombat?”, in which they reacted to a trailer for the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie, they tried to play it off as a joke.
- The US Department of Justice once blocked Jezebel from its workplace computers.
- Why Jezebel Has The Wrong Approach To Feminism, Period.