Jump to navigation Jump to search
InfoWars (stylized as INFOWARS) is a far-right American conspiracy theorist and fake news website and media platform owned by Alex Jones's Free Speech Systems LLC. It was founded in 1999.
Why They're Rotten
- Heavily publishes fake news, consisting of forged documents, edited videography, and simulated court cases.
- Overreactive and loud reactions from Alex Jones.
- Extremely far-right/fascist.
- Anti-Semitic sentiments and sexual harassment occur in the workplace.
- Ridiculous conspiracy theories, such as the moon landing being faked, considering Dr. Robert Sapolsky's stress vaccine (modified from the herpes simplex virus) "brain-eating" and the most notorious: frogs turning homosexual.
- They claimed that the Las Vegas shooting was staged.
- They accuse others who survived horrific shootings of being crisis actors.
- In 2017, InfoWars (among other alt-right sites) published a fake story about U.S. yogurt manufacturer Chobani, with headlines including "Idaho yogurt maker caught importing migrant rapists" and "Allegations that Chobani’s practice of hiring refugees brought crime and tuberculosis to Twin Falls."
- The harassment of PizzaGate was so bad that two people were arrested in separate days. One for shooting at one of the pizza places mentioned in PizzaGate. And another one for sending menacing phone calls to the owner of another pizza place.
- They have received several lawsuits due to the promotion of fake news.
- From May 2014 to November 2017, InfoWars republished articles from multiple sources without permission, most frequently from RT with over 1000 articles copied.
- InfoWars promoted fabricated PizzaGate claims. The fake claims led to harassment of the owner and employees of Comet Ping Pong, a Washington, D.C. pizzeria targeted by the conspiracy theories, including threatening phone calls, online harassment, and death threats.
- Jones frequently uses InfoWars to assert that new high-profile mass shootings are conspiracies or "false flag" operations, claims which are often then spread.
- One claim he made was the character Julia in Sesame Street is normalization of autism caused by vaccines which was proven to be false.
- They use the same actors playing as real people to further their narratives.
- They blame Democrats for just about the majority of problems in the states.
- Paul Joseph Watson, the editor at large for Infowars, makes a lot of ridiculous one-sided claims such as "Conservatism being the new punk", and "Conservative women are hotter" to the point he has become an easy target and a laughingstock.
- This website claims that every mass shooting in the US are fake, staged or a hoax. One of the examples is the Sandy Hook massacre where they believe that no one actually died as they keep denying the facts and pieces of evidence of the gunman Adam Lanza who was perpetrator of the shooting where he killed innocent children, this lead to the group conspiracy theorists to harass the families of the dead children and accusing them of being "CRISIS ACTORS!" and it was faked even though they're not.
- Recently InfoWars has been banned on multiple major networking platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Disqus, Vimeo and Spotify. Even porn site YouPorn also banned them as well.
The Only Redeeming Qualities
- Although there are fans of InfoWars, at least they're against censorship and hate speech.
- Somehow at least they're against political correctness and regressive left. In fact, many people are defending him even though they're against his false reports one of them is Sargon of Akkad.
- Even though that Alex Jones' InfoWars is a conspiracy theorist news site, at least they do have point that Facebook, Google, YouTube and Apple don't have right to take his social media accounts down.
- Even though that his reports are considered conspiracy theories, they do have a point that it's just a theory and still a Free-speech.