IMDb (Internet Movie Database) is an online database of information related to films, television programs, home videos and video games, and internet streams, including cast, production crew, and personal biographies, plot summaries, trivia, and fan reviews and ratings. An additional fan feature, message boards, was abandoned in February 2017. Originally a fan-operated website, the database is owned and operated by IMDb.com, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon.
- Ridiculous rating system (despite people having opinions on said shows/movies). First off, the only ratings depend on the users, not the critics. Also, the ratings are very inaccurate compared to other websites like Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and TV.com. Since the ratings depend on the users, it's definitely not a good place to go to figure out if a movie or TV show is any good, as these people are not professional reviewers.
- Many reviews are misleading as they are ironically positive in tone, which means that the reviewers actually dislike whatever film or TV series they're reviewing but mockingly praise the subject.
- RBUK got mostly low reviews due to many rabid UniKitty! fanboys and fangirls low-star bombing it.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) had episodes, like Enter the Dragons and Exodus Part's 1 and 2 both have an 8.4, however, many fans consider these to to be the best episodes in the series.
- The infamous sixth season premiere of Ben 10 Omniverse has an 8.8 out of 10! Popular opinion was that the episode was considered to be the weakest episode of the Ben 10 franchise ever.
- On the topic of Ben 10, its reboot has the second lowest rated score for any reboot (even lower than both the Powerpuff Girls reboot and Teen Titans Go!) thanks to nostalgia-tards 1-star bombing it. Popular opinion was that Ben 10 (2016), despite being flawed, is considered better than both of said reboots.
- On top, it's recent movie "Ben 10 Versus The Universe" got a 5.4/10 despite the film being critically acclaimed by fans, and critics, and even considered by some to be the best Ben 10 movie.
- Sidekick has a 4.2 out of 10, despite receiving mostly positive reviews from most viewers.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi has a 7 out of 10, despite receiving mixed reviews from fans.
- Ghostbusters (2016) has a 6.5 out of 10, despite being critically panned from fans.
- Sonic Mania Adventures has a 4.8 out of 10, despite most people considering it to be a good game.
- A Serbian Film has a 5.1/10 despite the content being taboo in almost everywhere.
- Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn received a 5.1 because of Nickelodeon nostalgic fans low voting the series because of it being another Nick sitcom.
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has a 5.2 out of 10 due to nostalgiatards disliking the tone and direction.
- The episode The Great Divide has a 7 out of 10 despite being considered the worst episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- 13 Reasons Why has a 7.6 out of 10 despite being criticized for its portrayal of suicide and rape.
- Final Destination 5, which is considered to be the best film in the Final Destination franchise, has a 5.9 out of 10.
- Sometimes, they rate critically acclaimed media worse than panned media, For example: Mixels got a 3.5, While Teen Titans Go got a 5.2.
- The Babadook, one of the best reviewed films of 2014, received a 6.8/10, mostly due to teen horror movie fans hating how it doesn't have any cheap jump scares in it.
- Leaving Neverland recieved a 7/10, despite being heavily panned by fans of Michael Jackson.
- The infamous "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven" episode of Family Guy got a 7.6/10 rating despite being panned by fans and critics of the show, to make matter's worse, it has an even higher than "You Can't Handle The Booth". The popular opinion was that You Can't Handle The Booth (while bad) was much better than Not All Dogs Go To Heaven and not to mention that the show has an 8.1 out of 10 despite its massive decline since the infamous episode Not All Dogs Go To Heaven.
- Some infamous episodes of "The Simpsons" have high ratings including "The Principal and the Pauper" (which has a 6.9 rating), "Miracle On Evergreen Terrace" (which has a 7.6 rating), "Co-Dependents' Day", "On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister" (both episodes have 6.6 ratings) and "Treehouse of Horror XXII" (which has a 6.4 rating) despite being panned by critics and fans of the show. On the same topic, episodes that are usually considered decent, okay, mediocre at best or bad but not the worst have poor ratings, examples include "Lisa the Drama Queen" (which has a 5.8 rating), "Woo-Hoo Dunnit?" (which has a 6.0 rating), "Another Simpsons Clip Show" (which has a 5.9 rating), "Treehouse of Horror XXXI" (which has a 5.8 rating) and "Now Museum, Now You Don't" (which has a 5.5 rating).
- Rambo: Last Blood has a 6.2/10, despite the fans liking the film, which has an 82% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.
- The Loud House Season 4 has the highest score comparing to the first three seasons. Popular opinion was that Season 4 (while still decent) was considered to be the weakest season of the show, and was debatably where it started to go downhill.
- Speaking of The Loud House, the season 5 premiere "Schooled!" has 8.6 out of 10 despite it's overall mixed reception and some fans even considering it to be one of the worst episodes of the show.
- Ren and Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" has a 5.5/10 on IMDb, however, the show was universally panned by fans, audiences and critics and is considered to be the worst cartoon of all time.
- The Thundermans has a 5.8/10 despite being considered one of Nickelodeon's worst shows of all tome.
- Some reviews are either nonsensical or have false information. On the Pinky Malinky page, one person said this show supports Satan when the said show has nothing to do with anything religious.
- Another example is one user claimed that Titans drops the F-word in almost every sentence. While said show contains the word, it uses it very sparingly compared to most mature rated shows.
- One user reviewed the movie "The Queens Corgi (2019)" and claimed the movie had "strong scenes of violence, drugs and sex", despite the fact the movie is rated PG, and only has some Sexual Innuendos and Mild Violence, like most PG films.
- "Cory in the House" only has joke reviews, and can be very annoying.
- Annoying ads constantly pop up. In fact, there are even ads that cover up the entire background.
- The special IMDb logos made for the ads also poorly cover the IMDb logo.
- Every episode of every TV show ever uses an image instead of the show's cover or that episode's title card if available.
- Some reviews can be way too biased such as the negative reviews on Conker's Bad Fur Day which they're mostly only complaining about the mature content rather than the gameplay, music, sound, mechanics, etc.
- Many films that have high ratings have negative reviews as the most helpful ones. Examples are Arrival, A Star Is Born, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, A Quiet Place, etc. In addition, many of these negative reviews are poorly written.
- Users can submit reviews before a movie or show even comes out.
- Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years has a 1/10 on IMDb, and has not been released yet to Paramount+.
- The parental guides which supposedly help parents monitor inappropriate content are often ridiculously extreme and petty, much like Common Sense Media.
- Fake movies and TV shows such as "GoAnimate: The Movie" and "Fred and the Nature Gang" appear on the site as well as fake information for some movies, showing the site's lack of quality control. Lots of internet-only Flash series also appear on the site.
- In addition, there are even nonexistent media such as The Royals.
- The forums were shut down in 2017.
- There are many users there who constantly bandwagon other people's thoughts on a certain TV show or movie. For example, if they see a TV show is highly rated, they'll randomly go and rate it 10/10 anyway, when in reality, they either dislike that show or have no idea what it's about.
- You can be entitled to your own opinions.
- The trivia, goofs, technical details and alternate versions can be fun to read.
- A few universally panned films are in the Bottom 100, while many praised movies are still within the Top 250.
- Although there are fake movies and TV shows on it, those usually get low reviews and have a low score when they get a page. One of the examples is "Fred and the Nature Gang" which was made by the infamous Rebecca Spark and has a 1.8 out of 10 score.
- Speaking of which, some of them have been removed from the site such as "Eric Animations: The First Ultimate Epic Movie".
- Some of the ratings are pretty acurrater actually, but that doesn't save it from the ridiculous ratings.
- Some of the more ridiculous reviews can actually be pretty funny, especially the more satirical ones.
- Unlike Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, few universally panned films such as Cuties got the review scores they deserve due to the users being entitled to their own opinion on this site.
A list of Fake Shows and Movies on IMDb