"Our goals for this month were: less than 50% white authors (check!), Asian representation that matches or exceeds the US population (check!), more trans and non-binary authors (check, but I want to do better)."
– Former HuffPost Deputy Editor Chloe Angyal acknowledging and celebrating her outlet's discrimination.
HuffPost (formerly The Huffington Post and sometimes abbreviated HuffPo) is a liberal American news and opinion website and blog that has both localized and international editions. It was founded in 2005 by Andrew Breitbart (who will later create the right-wing news site Breitbart.com), Arianna Huffington, Kenneth Lerer, and Jonah Peretti. The site offers news, satire, blogs, and original content and covers politics, business, entertainment, environment, technology, popular media, lifestyle, culture, comedy, healthy living, women's interests, and local news.
The Huffington Post was launched on May 9, 2005, as a liberal commentary outlet, blog and an alternative to news aggregators such as the Drudge Report, and it continues to maintain a politically liberal stance. However, it has since lean too far into the left and is considered toxic even to liberals.
Why It's Rotten
- Known to post biased, cherry-picked or false information, as well as gossip, fluff and other superficial content.
- Promotes regressive-left ideology such as identity politics.
- Contains many clickbait and outrage-bait posts.
- Only a small group of content creators get paid.
- They constantly redefine or appropriate certain words and method of speech.
- Arianna Huffington is very obnoxious and her smug, elitist attitude can give Hillary Clinton a run for her money. Don’t bother disagreeing with her as your comment will never get past the mods.
- Speaking of mods, their job is pretty much to censor any criticism on the site.
- Encourages left-wing (or slowly to center-left since 2016 election) hive mind thinking.
- Many toxic users with inflated ego and unwarranted righteousness.
- Some other readers constantly post nonsense that cannot withstand even the slightest argument.
- They have an irrational hate against Republicans, and consider them the source of all social issues.
- Like the Guardian, they never stop bashing Donald Trump and treats him like Hitler reincarnated.
- On the other hand, they are also overly pro-Clinton and dismiss any of her wrongdoings.
- This is a mostly Pro-Democratic Party website like Salon and DailyKos that even allows people to treat those who aren't Democrats, like Bernie Sanders or the Green Party's Jill Stein, as Russian spies or even Trump sympathizers despite the fact that they are ideological opposites.
- An article was posted on HuffPost that agreed with Trump on European mass immigration issues, and it was taken down within hours.
- They made a really xenophobic article of why Germans should be abolished.
- One writer got caught cheating in a marathon.
- One of their journalists Dan Arel once made a tweet calling Dave Rubin “Nazi trash”. Rubin, of course, gave the perfect retort.
- They, along with the Guardian and CNN, concluded with Clinton to lash out at her opponents like Bernie Sanders and rig the election against him, despite the fact that both Clinton and Sanders were both candidates for the Democratic Party.
- They complained about how the Movember movement is not "inclusive" enough to women, despite that fact that Movember is meant to raise awareness about prostate cancer, which is a male disease.
- One writer for the site was charged with domestic abuse.
- Nigh-retarded claims:
- Sunglassess, according to them, are racist.
- They believe that white people should not be allowed to do yoga.
- They think that the way you like steak means you are a Trump supporter and part of the alt-right.
- They believe that only men should go to prison.
- They claim that anybody who is queer or supports gay rights should not eat at Chick-fil-A at all.
- They along with the Wall Street Journal admitted that Trump was right about Sweden.
- An executive editor at the Huffington Post attacked singer and actress Demi Lovato for refusing to talk about her sexuality in public. Demi Lovato as a result called out Huffington Post as expectant and rude.
- Recently discovered tweets from the front page editor of the Verizon-owned news outlet the Huffington Post feature antisemitic, homophobic and anti-police sentiments.
- Jimmy Kimmel told the HuffPo to f*** off after getting consent from Megan Fox to discuss her pregnancy.
- Promotes racism and sexism, and as Chloe Angyal had stated, they hire people based on their race and gender.
- Sexual misconduct happens in the work place. And Arianna Huffington herself turns a blind eye towards it.
- The South African edition of left wing media site The Huffington Post has published an opinion piece accusing white men of being a retrograde force in politics and calling for the vote to be withdrawn from the racial gender group as a means to advance the “progressive cause”.
- According to one journalist working for them, NFL Patriots star Tom Brady’s friendship and support for President Donald Trump is more “un-American” than 49’s quarterback Colin Kaepernick disrespecting America’s national anthem and donning T-shirts glorifying the late Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.
- Weirdly they blamed women for being raped during a string of rapes during new years in Germany. And they even support the Sharia law as well.
- One of their articles states all of Nintendo's female characters are sexist, despite that Samus Aran is one of Nintendo's most well known strong female characters. And Nintendo has other well known strong female characters such as Princess Zelda, Tetra, Rosalina, Lucina, etc.
- Also, the article states that Princess Peach is sexist, despite that she has been playable in Super Mario Bros 2., Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars, and even had her own game in which she rescues Mario. And the RPG games do show she has more personality than just being the damsel in distress character.
- They bash kid shows like Spongebob and Doreamon for dumb reasons like making viewers dumb and going too far.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- They recently shut down the opinion section of the site, and many of the likes of Angyal were laid off.
- The 10 worst Feminist blogs on the Internet (HuffPost was ranked 2nd)