Hating Something Because of the Fandom
NOTE:This page is originally from the now-closed Toxic Fandoms and Hatedoms
Hating Something Because of The Fandom is an excuse used by many hatedoms to dislike certain media such as movies, TV shows, cartoons, anime, video games, people, artists, sports teams, etc.
Why It's Rotten
- Out of every reason to hate something, they have chosen to hate something simply because of its toxic fandom, which is very childish, because one fanbase alone does not dictate the quality of the product itself.
- For the most part, they only whine about the subject's fandom instead of the actual subject itself. My Little Pony haters are an example of this.
- This move is very widespread on the internet nowadays.
- They even take their hate to certain things too seriously to the point of want certain things to get canceled, shut down, get banned, or die because of the fandom.
- If that happens, they will celebrate it, such as when anime haters celebrated an arson incident of the Anime and Manga studio Kyoto Animation, which killed at least 35 people.
- They even go as far as attacking people who like a certain subject because of its fanbase. Anime haters are a huge example.
- They even use that excuse on things that have fandoms that are partially toxic.
- Many of them are present on TheTopTens Community.
- Irony: They whine about the subject's fanbase, yet they are apart of a toxic fandom or hatedom as well.
- Bandwagoning on opinions is pretty common in this.
- Some people would even hate something because of the fandom even without watching, playing, or reading it.
- Because of this, they ruined the reputations of certain works, as well as many communities on the internet.
- Even some people in the reception wikis do this move.
- Some also play the victim card by saying "The fandom started it first".