GoAnimate For Schools
GoAnimate For Schools (a.k.a GoAnimate4Schools / GA4S), was an animation site, which was used for drag-n-drop animation which is similar in fashion to PowerPoint. It was founded in 2007, and the website later launched in late August 2011. It was founded by Alvin Hung to create entertainment for his family. Not to mention it's a school version of Vyond.
Support for the website has ended on June 30, 2019.
Why It Was Rotten
- It's basically the same thing as Vyond, but more restricted to school.
- Ever since the non-business themes were removed on the original site, the users from there took over this website in 2015 with Grounded videos. However, once the site announced, it's shut down and they took over the old site.
- The site claimed to be blocked from other websites or social media yet there are lots of videos made with GoAnimate4Schools on YouTube.
- Though it's likely users just recorded their videos with programs like Bandicam.
- Despite what they say about profanity being blocked, the site lacks a swear filter.
- They said the price was low, yet the yearly subscription was 79 dollars. To add insult to injury, there are better educational sites out there that are free.
- It didn't teach kids anything educational.
- They said there was nothing to download on this site yet they added a download option.
- They also said it was school safe yet we could still add guns and weapons to the site. However, that could be debatable since gun safety is an education topic.
- They added invalid reasons to shut down the site. They mentioned Flash shutting down yet they upgraded Vyond to HTML5, although this may be because they were rushing to phase out Flash content and Vyond had no time to update GA4S to HTML5 and they had rebrand the site if they were to still mantain it.
- Just like Vyond it had bad lip sync, poor animation & voices that sound like robots.
- It was good in it's early years, as it was alot cheaper and the website wasn't full of generic Grounded videos, Behavior Card Day videos, etc.
- There are some good videos made with this site.
- The concept for the website is brilliant as it could teach children on how to make their own animations.