Furries (Dark Side)
Disclaimer: The following article is to only highlight the dark side of the Furry community. All of the points mentioned in this article are purely made for criticism on the dark side of the community.
"Kill it with fire, now!"— I Hate Everything on Furries
The Furry Fandom is a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, speaking, walking on two legs, and wearing clothes.
However, the fandom has a dark side, which we will take a look at in this page.
Examples of Communities that have been heavily affected by Furries
- Crash Bandicoot Fandom
- Five Nights at Freddy's Fandom
- Sonic the Hedgehog Fandom
- Pokémon Fandom
- Spyro the Dragon Fandom
- Thundercats Fandom
- My Little Pony Fandom
Why the Dark Side is Rotten
- It is full of people who create pretty disturbing, disgusting, and offensive fan art. One of the most bizarre examples is porn of the Columbine shooters in furry style. They also post their sexual fantasies online in social media and even upload disturbing pornographic pictures of themselves online as well.
- Some of them are into pedophilia. In addition to that, many of them are also deeply into bestiality.
- There is plenty of immoral members.
- One Furry in September 2016, went as far as killing three people in California.
- One furry posted a video of herself eating live animals.
- Some actually behave like animals, sometimes even going way too far, such as a furry who literally bit a child, getting suspended from work without pay in result.
- A well-known YouTuber in the community, Kero the Wolf; was caught raping his dog to death and wanting to have necrophiliac sex with a roadkilled animal. Which he managed to do and videotaped, having sex with a roadkill deer and smearing its blood on his own legs. He was even in a discussion with another furry describing their perverted sexual fantasies relating to bestiality, pedophilia and especially necrophilia. There was also an exchange of videos containing bestiality and necrophilia.
- Alcohol and drug abuse is common on the dark side of the community, such as when they sabotaged the fire alarm system at RainFurrest to hotbox in their rooms. This led to the local fire department being called in.
- Being one of the largest fandoms and subcultures, it is obvious that there are people with various political views, including extreme ones. That, of course, creates even more problems, which can even escalate into drama and conflicts within the fandom.
- Many of them are SJWs and/or even full-on anarchists, communists/tankies, or Neo-Nazis. Examples of SJW furries in action include the attacks on stereotypical furry and YouTuber from Australia named Jasonafex, for being an Anti-SJW, and vast majority of furries getting offended and forcing CD Projekt Red to apologize to them for a "sexist" joke.
- They often take anyone who criticizes the culture far too seriously, and often deny and downplay what they're being criticized for.
- Their convention, RainFurrest, is so unorthodox that it's like unleashing a horde of literal wild animals. From dealing and abusing drugs, to inappropriate sex and vandalism such as taking off the fire alarms, to even defecating in the pool and walking around in diapers. This resulted in all of the state's hotels to tell RainFurrest's founder(s) to never hold another convention in their hotels again, which would ultimately lead to RainFurrest going the way of DashCon.
- The "All the Single Furries!" song is overused within the community and gets old fast and becomes annoying.
- They somehow managed to sabotage and pervert Tony the Tiger by sending very explicit sexual remarks on Twitter. They even boycotted Kellogs with #TonytheTigergate. Anybody with a furry profile pic got blocked to the point they started harassing Chester the Cheetos Cheetah. It is also not the only mascots they got their hands on, they even perverted a Russian 2018 FIFA World Cup mascot Zabivaka.
- A trans furry was accepted into an internship at NASA and started boasting about it on Twitter while cursing. But one of the space council members of NASA told them to stop cursing only for the furry to curse him out. This led to the furry being fired and the council member from NASA deleting his Twitter page because of extreme harassment from the furry community.
- Furry roleplay forums are very explicit and very inappropriate by its nature.
- As the disclaimer points out, this primary focuses on the negative side on the furry fandom. However, some furries are at least trying to change that stigma with varying degrees of success in each passing year.
- There are still a large amount of good furries who generally stick together and make rules to stay out of the dark side of the fandom. For example, bots that remove porn if posted on a chat.
- Also, there are good artists who make good and decent detail fan-art of Furries or Anthros both on DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv and Patreon as well.
- Speaking of artists, good examples include Alfa995, FOX-POP, Kilinah, Diives, SecretlySaucy and many more.
- https://www.reddit.com/r/yiffinhell/ (Warning: contains NSFW content)