Disclaimer: The following article is to only highlight the dark side of the Furry community. All of the points mentioned in this article are purely made for criticism on the dark side of the community.
"Kill it with fire, now!" ― I Hate Everything on Furries
The Furry Fandom is a subculture interested in fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, speaking, walking on two legs, and wearing clothes.
However, the fandom has a dark side, which we will take a look at in this page.
Examples of communities that were heavily affected by furries
- Crash Bandicoot Fandom
- DeviantArt (big time)
- Five Nights at Freddy's Fandom (big time)
- Sonic the Hedgehog Fandom (big time)
- Pokémon Fandom (big time)
- Spyro the Dragon Fandom
- Thundercats Fandom
- FurAffinity (VERY big time!)
Why the Dark Side is Rotten
- It is EXTREMELY full of various creepy and sick fetishists, who create pretty disturbing, disgusting and offensive fan art. One of the most bizarre examples is porn of the Columbine shooters in furry style. They also post their sexual fantasies online in social media and even upload disturbing pornographic pictures of themselves online as well.
- Some of them are into pedophilia. In addition to that, many of them are also deeply into bestiality.
- There is plenty of really amoral and insane people. E.g.: One Furry went as far as killed 3 people; One posted a video of herself eating live animals; Some actually behave like animals, sometimes even going way too far, such as the furry who literally bit a child, getting suspended from work without pay in result; A well-known YouTuber in the community - Kero the Fox - was caught raping his dog to death and wanting to have necrophiliac sex with a roadkilled animal. Which he managed to do and videotaped, having sex with a roadkill deer and smearing its blood on his own legs. He was even in a discussion with another furry describing their perverted sexual fantasies relating to bestiality, pedophilia and especially necrophilia. There was also an exchange of videos containing bestiality and necrophilia.
- Being one of the largest fandoms and subcultures, it is obvious that there are people with various political views, including extreme ones. That, of course, creates even more problems. Actually, it can be so bad, that it can even escalate into dramas and conflicts within the fandom.
- Many of them are SJWs. Examples of SJW furries in action include the attacks on stereotypical furry and YouTuber from Australia named Jasonafex, for being an Anti-SJW, and vast majority of furries getting offended and forcing CD Projekt Red to apologize to them for a "sexist" joke.
- They often take every single thing seriously.
- They will attack anyone who criticizes the culture.
- Alcohol and drug abuse is quite common in the community, such as when they sabotaged the fire alarm system at RainFurrest to hotbox in their rooms. This led to the local fire department being called.
- They gave many series with anthropomorphic animal characters a bad name.
- RainFurrest. Hosting an unorthodox convention like this at your hotel is like unleashing a horde of literal wild animals. From dealing and abusing drugs, to inappropriate sex and vandalism such as taking off the fire alarms, to even defecating in the pool and walking around in the diapers. This resulted in all of the state's hotels to tell RainFurrest's founder(s) to never hold another convention in their hotels again, which would ultimately lead to RainFurrest going the way of DashCon. Generally many furries are not like this, but such ones end up giving conventions a bad name.
- The "All the Single Furries!" song is overused and is on its way to becoming a dead meme, even within the community.
- They are in denial by claiming that the amount of perverts in the fandom is 1%, when in reality it's approximately 60-96%.
- They somehow managed to sabotage and pervert Tony the Tiger by sending very explicit sexual remarks on Twitter. They even boycotted Kellogs with #TonytheTigergate. Anybody with a furry profile pic got blocked to the point they started harassing Chester the Cheetos Cheetah. It is also not the only mascots they got their dirty hands on, they even perverted a Russian 2018 FIFA World Cup mascot Zabivaka.
- There's a small minority in the fandom of self-subscribed 'Furry lifestylers' or "Transfurries" that treat their hobby as a literal lifestyle or identity of their anthropomorphic animal versions so much (Do not confuse them with Otherkin, who literally believe that they are actually animals).
- A trans furry was accepted into an internship at NASA and started boasting about it on Twitter while cursing. But one of the space council members of NASA told them to stop cursing only for the furry to curse him out. This led to the furry being fired and the council member from NASA deleting his twitter page because of extreme harassment from the furry community.
- Furry roleplay forums are very explicit and very inappropriate by its nature.
- A couple of furries killed 3 people in California.
- As the disclaimer points out, this primary focuses on the negative side on the furry fandom. However, some furries are at least trying to change that stigma with varying degrees of success in each passing year.
- There is still a large amount of good furries who generally stick together and make rules to stay out of the dark side of the fandom. For example, bots that remove porn if posted on a chat.
- Also, there are good artists who make good and decent detail fan-art of Furries or Anthros both on DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv and Patreon as well.
- At least it's not as bad as some hardcore haters claim it is.
- https://www.reddit.com/r/yiffinhell/ (Warning: contains NSFW content)