NOTE: We do not condone any bullying at all towards anybody regardless of size or height. But we also do not condone ill health at the same time as well.
The fat acceptance movement (also known as the size acceptance, fat liberation, fat activism, fativism, fat justice, fat acceptance SJWs, or fat power movement) is a social movement seeking to change anti-fat bias in social attitudes. Areas of contention include the aesthetic, legal, and medical approaches to people whose bodies are fatter than the social norm. The movement has been criticized, with Cathy Young, writing for the Boston Globe, claiming that "the fat acceptance movement is hazardous to our health", and Barbara Kay, writing for the National Post, stating that "fat-acceptance is not the answer to obesity. However, studies have shown that stress is linked to obesity and that encouraging fat people to focus on losing their excess weight has been linked to an increase in over-eating, leading to more weight gain. The modern fat acceptance movement began in the late 1960s.
Besides its political role, the fat acceptance movement also constitutes a subculture that acts as a social group for its members.
Why It's Rotten
- It encourages people to grow into obesity and the negative effects it has on the body such as: bad body odor, poor muscles, poor digestion, and low stamina. Which is really bad for you.
- Not to mention that people that are obese have a much higher chance of getting health problems such as organ failure, diabetes, heart disease, and certain cancers.
- Transporting obese people requires more energy, which means higher consumption of fuel, which means a more negative impact on the environment.
- Instead of showing self-love, they go bash on those who are not the same weight as them and don't care to accept that size doesn't matter.
- Some of its supporters legitimately argue that the proven health consequences of obesity are false, and are simply claimed to exist due to fat-shaming. Which proves they are lying idiots.
- Some defenders are Social Justice Warriors who idolize them for being "diverse".
- There are even people that would go out of their way of even harassing other people just because of their weight, which not only is it wrong, but it's rather unethical.
- The movement even goes so far as to trash anyone who loses weight. Several celebrities got condemned when they lost weight such as Rebel Wilson and Adele by these idiots. You could call it thin-shaming.
- Many of their attempts at combating fat shaming are usually cringeworthy and are more likely to make it worse such an ice cream commercial showing a fat woman dancing in her bra.
- Will insult and shame any medical study that shows the negative health effects of obesity such as when Sofie Hagen demanded the removal of a tweet saying that obesity was a cause of cancer.
- Many of the movement's supporters are hypocritical. They advocate against fat shaming of women, but are perfectly willing to shame men for things that are less controllable than weight (most notably height and genital size).
- This is what drove SJWs to drive a fanartist into attempted suicide.
- They're a good motivator to lose weight to ensure they can't speak for you.
- They are against fat shaming, even if they're hypocritical with them throwing thin shaming.
- Not all fat acceptance people are against people that are thin. Instead of mocking people that shame on the thin people, they accept the moral that size doesn't matter.