"Facebook is the Fallout 76 of social media networks regardless of what you think."— SomeOrdinaryGamers
Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
Why They're Business Is Rotten Now
- They sell stolen user information.
- It's full of fake accounts, impostors, and spambots. From October 2018-March 2019, for example, the site had to remove three billion fake accounts.
- It is filled with narcissistic millennials, toxic fanboys, trolls, Social Justice Warriors, and normies.
- Some of their staff consists of SJWs, including Mark Zuckerberg, who blasted a Facebook staff member for replacing "Black Lives Matter" with "All Lives Matter."
- Clickbait is highly rampant on the site. There are a lot of posts from garbage publications such as Gawker, Elite Daily, UNILAD, LADbible and Buzzfeed.
- There are a lot of pages on the site that post identical content. Many pages that rely on Black Humor use this for easy like or view revenue.
- It suffers from biased moderation akin to that on Twitter.
- Similarly to Twitter, they blocked an article from New York Post that exposed some shady tactics from Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, claiming that they need to "fact check" the article first.
- You can easily get a person banned on Facebook by reporting them of false crimes, with the "fake name" one being incredibly effective. You can change your name for the first time and return but they can report you right instantly and Facebook will tell you to present personal documents which could be easily used by that person to dox you.
- Similarly to DeviantArt, if you unblock a person, you can only block them again after two days.
- You cannot use anything resembling an internet name, making personal information mining easier.
- Because of their actions, Facebook lost a lot of money in advertisement revenue. Many users haven even deleted their accounts as well.
- Full of unfunny internet comedians.
- Spambots can be present on some videos.
- They even work together with Buzzfeed, Vox and other millennial related news outlets to create content for them.
- Extremely annoying notifications. For example if you comment on a post, you can get notification like "X also commented on X post" which gets really annoying.
- They shut down many alt-right pages such as Richard Spencer, yet pages such as Antifa remain safe.
- Manipulated trends are everywhere on the site.
- Rampant censorship such as removing a metal band graveland off from Facebook due to the band's black metal image and content.
- The site does nothing to prevent content from being stolen from other sites (a practice known as freebooting), usually videos from YouTube with poor quality, borders over and below it with captions like the infamous "Lmao, who made this" and overuse of emojis included. The worse part is that the site seems to encourage it because those stolen videos uploaded directly to Facebook as a video file are prioritized by Facebook's algorithm more than the original video being shared via YouTube.
- Many offensive "comedy" pages.
- Their media player is generally poor.
- Just like Twitter, they censor and ban Conservatives and Libertarians on their platform for merely espousing views because they believe they're spreading hate speech which they're not. But unsurprisingly, they allow violent leftist groups such as Antifa and BLM that promote actual hate speech and Islamic extremists like Hezbollah and HAMAS to promote Antisemitism. Hypocrisy at its finest.
- In addition, whereas controversial topics can get users banned or attacked for "hate speech", harassment, rape and death threats to the point where people are driven to commit suicide face no consequences at all. In most cases the people responsible for said action rarely get punished.
- Just like when they banned Paul Joseph Watson, Milo Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro, and others.
- However, the banning of Milo, and Paul Joseph Watson were more justified as Milo was a pedo, and Paul Joseph Watson believed in Far-right ideology.
- It can also be filled with pedophiles. Parents, don't let your kids use Facebook!
- They have been collecting biometric data (for face recognition and similar features) from users without explicit permission and some new users not being aware about it. This led to a lawsuit in August 2020 as it is illegal for websites to collect biometric data without explicit permission in Illinois.
- The chat can have users who behave in a toxic mode.
- Their new layout is terrible.
- Unnecessary updates.
- For some reason you can't have more than 5000 friends!
Why The New Facebook Design Is Rotten Now
- Slows down your computer even worse.
- Its very unstable and sometimes won't load the posts and notifications.
- Buggy duration in posts. For example if the post is posted 16 minutes ago and 1 hour passed since the post, they stay that this post is posted 16 minutes ago.
- At September 2020 is no longer possible to bring back the old layout without extensions. Now as for January 26, 2020 all extensions related to switch back to the old layout that still worked such as Switch to old classic design or Change design to old version are now toned down in use of the semi-classic version, but despite this, it still works like the new version and slows the computer even more worse than before and is no longer possible to revert back to the old layout.
- In Revert Site extension attempting to revert back using this extension, it refreshes endlessly.
- In December 2020 was no longer possible to have the full experience of the old facebook layout. The result is that the homepage won't work and everytime that you click a page, it refreshes instead of redirecting directly.
- Back in earlier years, the site used to be good until early 2010s.
- It was a revolutionary idea when it came out and helped popularize the concept of social media.
- They have removed 800 accounts relating to clickbait and political spam.
- Thankfully they start removing Antifa accounts online showing that they realize the threat of leftist on social media and slowly become less biased to the right nowadays.
- They have officially banned paid advertisements relating to vaccine hesitancy.
- They actually take down some of the accounts that violates the guidelines like Ahenobarbus Henocied.
<comments voting="Plus" />