"Facebook is theof social media networks regardless of what you think."— SomeOrdinaryGamers
Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
- They sell stolen user information.
- It's full of fake accounts, impostors, and spambots. From October 2018-March 2019, for example, the site had to remove three billion fake accounts.
- It is filled with narcissistic millennials, toxic fanboys, trolls, Social Justice Warriors and normies.
- Some of their staff consists of SJWs, including Mark Zuckerberg, who blasted a Facebook staff member for replacing "Black Lives Matter" with "All Lives Matter."
- Clickbait is highly rampant on the site. There are a lot of posts from garbage publications such as Gawker, Elite Daily, UNILAD, LADbible and Buzzfeed.
- There are a lot of pages on the site that post identical content. Many pages that rely on Black Humor use this for easy like or view revenue.
- It suffers from biased moderation akin to that on Twitter.
- You can easily get a person banned on Facebook by reporting them of false crimes, with the "fake name" one being incredibly effective. You can change your name for the first time and return but they can report you right instantly and Facebook will tell you to present personal documents which could be easily used by that person to dox you.
- If you unblock a person, you can only block them again after two days.
- You cannot use anything resembling an internet name, making personal information mining easier.
- Because of their actions, Facebook lost a lot of money in advertisement revenue. Many users haven even deleted their accounts as well.
- Full of unfunny internet comedians.
- They even work together with Buzzfeed, Vox and other millennial related news outlets to create content for them.
- Extremely annoying notifications. For example if you comment on a post, you can get notification like "X also commented on X post" which gets really annoying.
- They shut down many alt-right pages such as Richard Spencer, yet pages such as Antifa remain safe.
- Manipulated trends.
- Rampant censorship such as removing a metal band graveland off from Facebook due to the band's black metal image and content.
- The site does nothing to prevent content from being stolen from other sites (a practice known as freebooting), usually videos from YouTube with poor quality, borders over and below it with captions like the infamous "Lmao, who made this" and overuse of emojis included. The worse part is that the site seems to encourage it because those stolen videos uploaded directly to Facebook as a video file are prioritized by Facebook's algorithm more than the original video being shared via YouTube.
- Many offensive "comedy" pages.
- Their media player is generally poor.
- They are also responsible for banning Conservatives and Libertarians on their platform as they speak for their own opinions because they believe they're spreading hate speech which they're not. But they ironically allowed Liberal leftists like Antifa and BLM to promote hate speech and Islamic extremists like Hezbollah and HAMAS to promote Antisemitism. Hypocrisy at its finest.
- Just like when they banned Paul Joseph Watson, Milo Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro and others.
- It can also be filled with pedophiles. Parents, don't let your kids use Facebook!
- It was a revolutionary idea when it came out and helped popularize the concept of social media.
- They have removed 800 accounts relating to clickbait and political spam.