Everyday Feminism is a US based intersectional feminist online magazine that features articles on homophobia, racism, religious intolerance, sexism, body dysmorphia, and class (domestic issues only). It has a stated mission to help dismantle violence, discrimination, and marginalization. Posts include comics and videos (with text transcripts) in addition to traditional text essays and listicles.
It was founded by Sandra Kim and launched in June 2012.
Why It's Rotten
- Some of its articles are so ridiculous, people actually thought it was satire. They even published an article telling people to check their "male privilege" in gender neutral bathrooms.
- Some even joked about how it's a devious recruitment tool for the alt-right.
- Extremely pro-SocJus to the point that they will excuse anything for them.
- They prove that it's possible to promote fat-acceptance, (possibly) fat-shaming and racism at the same time.
- Even some feminists hate it, in fact, there is a Facebook group called "Banned by Everyday Feminism".
- They are highly pro-political correctness.
- Highly biased against Donald Trump and any of his supporters, they actually claimed that women should start dumping their partners if said partner is pro-Trump.
- Encourages the common tactic among Social Justice Warriors of self-victimization.
- Like other regressive-left sites they won't stop complaining about representation and diversity.
- Promotes sexism and racism.
- They even throw shade on homosexuals who want to blend in for "conforming to hegemonic heteronormative society".
- They unironically claim that literally every single man feels entitled to women's bodies.
- The 10 worst Feminist blogs on the Internet (EF is "honourably" ranked 1st)
- Everyday Feminism is a Joke, and No One Should Ever Read It
- Everyday Feminism Just Posted The WORST Advice EVER For Women, POC and Other Marginalized Folks.
- 6 Helpful Ways to Check Your Male Privilege in Gender Neutral Bathrooms, Vicente Garcia, Everyday Feminism, 2016
- I'm beginning to think that Everyday Feminism is in fact, a deviously brilliant recruitment tool for the Alt-Right, brixtonslag, Reddit / KotakuInAction, 2017
- 3 Reasons It’s Irrational to Demand ‘Rationalism’ in Social Justice Activism, xoài phạm, Everyday Feminism, 2016
- #2: "Remember that thinness can't be separate from whiteness.", Everyday Feminism, Twitter, 2017
- A Letter to Young Feminists Who Date Trump Supporters, Everyday Feminism, 2017
- First It Was All About Diversity, Then Inclusion. Here’s Why Neither Of Those Are Enough, Hanna Brooks Olsen, Everyday Feminism, 2018
- HeatStreet, Ian Miles Cheong, Everyday Feminism Launches Program to Cure Your ‘Toxic Whiteness’, 2016 (archived)
- Facts Over Feelings, I changed "men" to "black people" in an everyday feminism post, and here's what happened, Facts Over Feelings, 2016