Disrespecting the Deceased
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, suicide, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
Warning: You are not allowed to add any redeeming qualities to this article, such as there are some dead people worthy enough to disrespect, as doing so encourages discrimination. While it's true that there were dead people who did have flaws, that will still count as discrimination regardless; anyone who persists will be dealt with.
Disrespecting the deceased refers to an act where instead of letting a person who died rest in peace, some people decide to poke fun at them and their corpses, defame and slander them, treat them as evil, and even celebrate their deaths all because they hate them. This act is notorious for being a very toxic move.
- Some K-pop fans celebrated the death of the Dolan Twins' father in response to a comment Grayson made about K-Pop idols fainting on-stage.
- Speaking of which, they also celebrated the death of Stan Lee, and the tragic arson of Kyoto Animation where 35 people died in a fire.
- Some K-pop haters celebrated the deaths of Sulli and Goo Hara.
- A user from TheTopTens called NickelbackLinkinPark4Eva made a list of 10 Celebrities Who Deserved To Die in 2018 and celebrated the death of the celebrities he hates such as Stephen Hawking, Stephen Hillenburg, Stan Lee, XXXTentacion, Avicii, etc. Even celebrated the Manchester Concert Bombing which killed twenty-three people. Another 3 users named Dcfnaf, WWEWBMortalKombatFan and iliekpiez also made fun of XXXTentaction's death.
- The fans of Logan Paul forgave him after the infamous Suicide Forest incident. However, they only showed sympathy for Logan instead of the dead person who committed suicide in the forest.
- An internet troll named #PS5MasterRace had made a video making fun of a Nintendo fan named Chris Taylor who had died of cancer. It received extremely negative feedback from viewers and was even considered to be even worse than Logan Paul's Suicide Forest video.
- The hatedom of Linkin Park is known to constantly demonize Chester Bennington as if he was some kind of Satanist. Just because he committed suicide doesn't mean he was a Satanist! Try to call them out and you're gonna have a bad time. Even if your not a fan of Linkin Park and try to defend Chester in any way, they will still attack you.
- After 15 year old Amanda Todd committed suicide due to being constantly bullied since she was blackmailed into her showing her breasts on a webcam, people still continued to celebrate her death by creating hate memes of her until late 2016.
- Michael Jackson haters almost drove Paris Jackson to suicide just for being Michael Jackson's daughter and demonizing her. They often try to ruin his legacy and reputation with the Leaving Neverland documentary and for money. (Like what Michael Jackson said, leave him alone!)
- Some of those who use cancer insults might make fun of people's family member for dying of cancer.
- Conspiracy theorists think that whenever a celebrity dies, they'll blame the Illuminati and say that they've been blood sacrificed.
- Some Anti-Christians celebrate the deaths of Christians. Also even worse, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama made a tweet calling Christians "Eastern Worshippers" while they commented that on a tweet of the Sri Lanka Church Bombings.
- CNN was widely criticized by the Anime Community for disrespecting the dead staff of Kyoto Animation and cannot put out its agenda as they implied that KyoAni shows are aimed for men which is not true and ignoring the fact that there were female staff who died there too! (35 people lost their lives and CNN and other MSM have to spin a narrative that means absolutely nothing. People died regardless of their gender. This is a tragic event, and it should be reported with dignity and without bias.)
- The haters of Cameron Boyce were happy that he died of seizures (For example, as shown above the article). Some misused the hashtag "#ripcameronboyce", thus showing their hypocrisy. Also there is a challenge that made fun of Cameron Boyce.
- The fans of Joker insulted the families of the victims of the Aurora, Colorado Dark Knight Rises shooting for refusing to show the film. They even went as far as to insult both the surviving and deceased victims of the shooting.
- Whenever someone dies and it makes the news (like recently Kobe Bryant) there are people out there who can’t help but make an insensitive joke about the person that died “must’ve had something on....(Hillary/Trump/Obama etc.)”.
- Even worse that a journalist named Felicia Sonmez from Washington Post disrespected Kobe Bryant's death after she posted a disturbing tweet that sparked outrage.
- Some China haters disrespected the Chinese who died from the coronavirus by making offensive memes of the coronavirus.
- Rabid Anti-Communists celebrated the event where the plane which carries The Red Army Choir crashed which killed Valery Khalilov and 63 other members.
- A few haters of The Emperor's New Groove celebrated the death of Eartha Kitt (the voice of Yzma, the main villain of the film).
- Some SpongeBob SquarePants haters celebrated Stephen Hillenburg's death, ever since he died from ALS. Even fans disrespected it by not paying their respects to him.
- Some Batman haters disrespected the deaths of Bob Kane and Bill Finger all because they started the Batman franchise.
- A really biased user on TheTopTens named Gamecubesarecool193 was glad over DisneyAnime1234's death, and other users even defend him by calling him a "joke user". Joke or not, you still shouldn't be glad over an innocent user's death.
- The RWBY fandom is known for disrespecting the late Monty Oum without realizing that RWBY wouldn't exist without this man.
- The haters of Chadwick Boseman celebrated his death over colon cancer.
- Some other people in the Art community are known for disrespecting Qing Han also known as Qinni, a very talented who passed away after a battle of cancer. However, they even stole and trace her art just to make profit, posting hate comments and misusing a popular hashtag known as #galaxiesforqinni on some unnecessary stuff.
- There have been people on the internet saying they don’t care about Chadwick Boseman’s death for political reasons because apparently he’s another “elite Hollywood liberal”.
- In September 2020, when a man named Ronnie McNutt committed suicide by shooting himself in the head with a shotgun on a Facebook Livestream, a lot of trolls started to spread the suicide video like wildfire on sites like Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and Facebook. A lot of users unfortunately saw the the moment of the video where he kills himself after hanging up his phone and were traumatized, scarred or even caused them to go into panic attacks. Not to mention that children could possibly saw the video and were probably traumatized thanks to these heartless idiots.
- After Ruth Bader Ginsburg died, both the left-wing and the right-wing disrespected her death: the left-wing by acting like it was the end of the world, and the right-wing by disrespecting her legacy and bashing opinions on abortion.
- Some conspiracy theorists believe that certain people, such as JFK Jr, are still alive. This makes no since because JFK Jr. (along with his wife and sister-in-law) has been dead for more than 2 decades and that his body was already identified after being discovered from the plane wreckage located in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Despite many members in the #IStandWithVic community paying respects to Brad Venable despite supporting KickVic, some members were actually happy that he died just because he supported the KickVic movement.
- Some fans of the NFL team the Cleveland Browns are actually happy that Art Modell died in 2012 because of him infamously moving the team to Baltimore (Now known as the Baltimore Ravens) and because of this the Browns re-expanded into the league in 1999.
- Cannon Hinnant, a 5-year-old white boy who was murdered by Darius Sessoms, a black man, was mocked by radical Black Lives Matter supporters.
- To add salt to the wound, the mainstream media (with the exception of Fox News) never reported the tragedy of the child's death. Not only is this considered dead disrespecting, it's also a big example that the news in general has really gone down the gutter.
- Although not really from an individual, 2K Sports had the idea to put Kobe Bryant for the cover art in NBA 2K21, but in a Deluxe Version (or known as the Mamba Forever Edition) that's more expensive than the Standard one. This is not only just disrespectful, but it's literally profiting off from a dead person. And coming from a company that's owned by Take-Two Interactive, it's no surprise they would do it for the money.
- A small YouTuber called Flzzzy uploaded a video of his friend disrespecting an entire graveyard for clout.
- A lot of Social Justice Warriors on Twitter were celebrating Rush Limbaugh's death, and even stooped as low as to use "cancer" as an insult on him, thus making fun of how he had cancer.
- Cristela Alonzo, a comedian from Netflix's Cristela Alonzo: Lower Classy and voice actor of Cruz Ramirez from Pixar's Cars 3 even disrespected Rush Limbaugh's death with the tweet "Happy Rush Limbaugh Is Dead Day! I didn't even get the chance to put my tree up!", and the tweet "I hope hell is him having to listen to every episode of his show." She also doubled down stating that she was not sorry and instead later, she focused on saying she needed help through the winter storm during the recent frozen wind turbines and power outage crisis from her home state of Texas. Therefore, this makes her a hypocrite since she denies all of her wrongdoings she made earlier on the same day.
- Memetastic is another example disrespected the dead, as when one of his Discord moderators took a break because one of the moderator's friend's committed suicide, Memetastic thought it was a good idea to mock his suicide.
- Onision on June 11, 2016 wrote very controversial comments on his Twitter account about Christina Grimmie's death. He typed "Christina gets shot and you all prayed for her. 1. If your god cared she would not have been shot. 2. You prayed, she still died. Wake Up" Onision has faced severe backlash on what he wrote on Twitter. Onision has apologized, stating that he didn't intend to hurt people's feelings.
Why This Move Is Rotten
- It is emotionally traumatizing to the dead person's family, as well as anyone who were friends with the person, and could drive a family member or a friend to suicide.
- They'll attack anyone who rightfully calls them out for their behavior. They'll scream "MUH FREE SPEECH", "CENsoRsHiP", wrongfully call them "butthurt" and call them out for being sensitive.
- If you're not careful with them, some of them might even try to doxx you.
- They try way too hard to be edgy.
- They use dark humor (or sometimes, "fReE sPeeCH") as an excuse to justify their despicable actions.
- They don't just disrespect dead celebrities or dead people in general, they also disrespect dead animals (e.g cat and dog haters celebrate whenever cats/dogs get killed/eaten by wild animals).
- They also like beating dead horses about people who passed away a long time ago.
- They will literally refer to you as "politically correct police" if you call them out on disrespecting dead people.
- They are almost everywhere on the internet.
- Thanks to their behavior, they managed to bring chaos to a lot of communities.
- This move can make the user extremely heartless as they would not care about the deceased person nor their good qualities.
- Like we warned you above, it's still not an acceptable move when used on people that did have flaws, because any sort of dead disrespects counts as discrimination.