Jump to navigation Jump to search
Destructoid is an independent website, that was founded as a video game-focused blog in March 2006 by Yanier Gonzalez. It is part of the Enthusiast Gaming network.
Why They're Rotten
- Pro-censorship to the point of desperation.
- They can't even take criticism at all. Such as being called out by Milo Yiannopoulos.
- Like Kotaku, they publish clickbait articles.
- Despite having a spin off site Japanator they are extremely anti Japanese.
- Voter manipulation.
- They can be very disgusting at times saying that necrophiliac rape can be very arousing.
- In fact they even also insult women ironically despite being pro feminist calling the actresses in super seducers sluts with stds.
- Jed Whitaker one of the ex journalists of the site despite being extremely pro online censorship has a history of being extremely vulgar online.
- Jed Whitaker even went to create a petition to have all games from Japan cancelled and every single one of them destroyed.
- Despite the site being having a progressive stance Jed Whittaker also even copyrighted a video where someone caught him saying the n word.
- They have no problem breaking embargos.
- Pro-SocJus, here's a decent example.
- Multiple conflicts of interest.
- Ironically, even the ex-owner has supported Gamergate despite multiple journalists working for them are against it.
- They had to update their article after misreporting a DMCA case.
- Anthony Burch.
- They also bash Japanese games calling them perverted garbage hypocritically.
- Doxed several members of The Fine Young Capitalists.
- While far from the most corrupt gaming website in the country, Destructoid is definitely not clean, especially when their (ex-)CEO Jonathan Holmes setting up a bad example. Holmes has covered many games and events that involves someone who has financially supported the Kickstarter campaign for his webseries Sup, Holmes? (without disclosure of course) They are:
- Axiom Verge created by Tom Harp.
- Til Morning Light created by Adam Tierney.
- #Fortune by Zach Gage.
- Boston Festival of Indie Games and its organizer Dan Silvers.
- Neverending Nightmares which is also a sponsor.
- The Fangamer company which is also a sponsor.
- I've Got to Run! and its creator 4 Corner Games.