The dark web consists of parts of the World Wide Web whose contents are not indexed by standard web search engines for various reasons (most likely due to violations of laws). Because of this, the sites cannot be accessed by regular means.
The dark web forms a small part of the deep web, the part of the Web not indexed by web search engines, although sometimes the term deep web is mistakenly used to refer specifically to the dark web. The darknets which constitute the dark web include small, friend-to-friend peer-to-peer networks, as well as large, popular networks like Tor, Freenet, and I2P, operated by public organizations and individuals. Users of the dark web refer to the regular web as Clearnet due to its unencrypted nature.
Why It's Extremely Rotten
- Much of the content is illegal. Considering the hidden nature of the deep web, the dark web is often used for criminal activity. There are black market sites where people can buy drugs and other illegal merchandise, as well as sites that distribute child pornography. The dark web is also the only online place to sell explosives and military grade weapons, as well as counterfeit money or passports.
- There are sites with highly disturbing content ranging from snuff films to people engaging in extreme fetishes and describing them graphically on forums catering to such topics.
- Some dark web forum sites have a requirement to upload or describe a recent experience with any sexual misconduct.
- Various sites can be used for scamming and stealing personal information, such as hiring a hitman.
- Some sites on the dark web may contain viruses that can damage your computer.
- Some of the sites contain various (obviously fake) conspiracy theory nonsense.
- Many hackers use the darknet as a way to attack others anonymously.
- Some sites give documents on how to commit crimes and not get caught, this includes being able to create improvised weapons.
- Some guides on the dark web detail how to take part in immoral sexual activity.
- One site called "Cannibal Cafe" (which was famously the starting point of the Armin Meiwes tape, which is confiscated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation) was a human trafficking site where women called "cattle" are either consensually or non consensually ordered online to be violated and eventually killed in gruesome ways for cannibalism purposes.
- One site sells leather products made from dead human beings.
- One of the sites includes ways to how to commit suicide, and a kit for the suicide act as well.
- Some video games developed on these sites have very sexually immoral content in them and often don't even qualify as games at all.
- Many of the same technologies used for illegal acts are also utilized by government agencies to catch criminal elements. In fact, some of these apparently highly illegal sites are in fact clever honeypots to identify said criminals.
- Some good/legal websites are also accessible via dark web protocols (e.g. Tor); that way, governments can't spy on user activities, and there is a secured connection to the website.
- There was this one video found on the deep web with costumed men and one man eating soup. He was crying during eating of the soup, and the reason to why this video was made is unknown.
- Hurt2thecore is considered to be one of the worst websites on the dark web, containing a very disturbing and extreme video called "Daisy's Destruction".
- One other site Violent Desires even run a reddit ama discussing what kind of things went onto the site.
- The only real way to access "Mariana's Web" is to use quantam computers. It is said that this contains the most darkest and vile stuff ever on the internet.