Hive-Minding (Cult Mentality)
Hive-Minding, or circle-jerking, opinion bandwagoning, or the Cult Mentality, is when a group of people with similar interests get together and congratulate one another for sharing that interest. They usually do this in order to gain some respect from each other even if a person's opinion isn't constructed properly. This is notorious for being a very toxic move.
Why It's Rotten
- They are everywhere on the internet nowadays, especially on sites like Reddit.
- This move is notorious for making certain groups feel superiority over other people who have different opinions from them.
- The people who do this are simply bandwagoning on each other's opinions, which shows they can't simply make up their own other than copying and pasting the ones they see in front of them.
- Speaking of which, this move can cause some conflict thanks to the circle jerkers' inability to acclaim other people's tastes, as well as the fact that they force others to accept their beliefs.
- On the flip side, they can try to trick people into having the same opinion.
- As expected, a lot of them treat their opinions as facts. It's as simple as that!
- Most of them are either SJWs, nostalgia-tards, elitists, internet trolls and selfish madmen.
- Sometimes, it can go too far, like in the case of how some would circle-jerk about Michael Jackson being a pedophile.
- It ravaged every single community on the internet.
- There are even subreddits dedicated to having the cult mentality.
- There are some people who circle-jerk if they are unable to provide opinions of their own.
- This often overlaps with nitpicking.
The ONLY Redeeming Quality
- Sometimes, there are opinions that are worth bandwagoning, such as how it's VERY wrong to support evil people/organizations such as PETA, or Adolf Hitler for example.