"I want to say unequivocally, Gamergate did this to me. If I’m saying this less on Twitter it’s because I feel fanning the flames will endanger my life even more. I know that many #gamergate supporters are trying their best to distance themselves from these events, but I agree with many others that feel the movement is inexorably linked with misogyny and sexism."
– Brianna Wu
Brianna Wu (born John Walker Flynt) is an American video game developer, computer programmer and former video game journalist. She co-founded Giant Spacekat, an independent video game studio with Amanda Warner in Boston, Massachusetts. She is also a blogger and podcaster on matters relating to the video game industry, and even ran for Congress losing to Stephen F. Lynch in the 8th District of Massachusetts. Her various eccentric, aggressive or outright unhinged behaviour has earned her the nickname "Banana Wu".
Why She Is Rotten
- Faked several of her attacks on social media like Twitter and Steam, all in order to gather attention.
- Very deceptive.
- Has a massively inflated ego, going so far as to call herself "Godzilla of feminism" and "empress".
- Like many other toxic indie developers, Brianna can't take the slightest form of criticism. She was actually enraged when GethN7 mentioned that her game is a critical and commercial failure.
- She'd also claimed that who thought her game was bad are simply "dudebros who don't understand game design".
- Highly anti-GamerGate. She'd once kicked out Ethan Ralph (owner of the The Ralph Retort) from a RavenCon convention just because Ralph is a GGer and one of her many critics.
- The main reason that she got involved in the controversy was to garner attention: by baiting others into responding to her inflammatory and often ludicrous speeches and accusing them of harassment.
- Her game, Revolution 60, is just plain horrible, despite receiving positive reviews from critics.
- However, it was discovered that many of the game's more positive reviews came from Wu's own personal friends (i.e. collusion).
- Promoted someone who is "unbiased" to support her game. As a double standard to gaming.
- Extremely hypocritical. She often accuses GamerGate and 8chan of harassing her while she has no qualms of using her followers as her personal army to harass anyone who somehow rubs her the wrong way, like TotalBiscuit or GethN7.
- She'd tried to paint GethN7 as a "GamerGate harasser" (despite sending hordes of her own followers to harass him) and got him banned from Twitter, even though the only thing Geth did was point out her flaws and remained respectful the whole time. Even /r/GamerGhazi found her actions abhorrent.
- She was the responsible for her own dog's death for waiting outside in the cold and not curing him when he was ill (even when both her supporters and her critics told her to do so). And she was capitalizing on it as well.
- She, along with Maddy Myers of The Mary Sue, are the ones behind the "Samus Aran is a transgender, deal with it" article.
- She's also a notorious content thief. For example, she'd stolen Sailor Moon art and claimed that it was her own.
- Her game, Revolution 60, also contained assets stolen from Second Life.
- She claimed to have made a soundtrack for her game, but the piece in question is actually royalty free music which was stolen and altered by her.
- She actually did little to no work while working on her own games. (https://archive.is/l0H0M#selection-3135.48-3135.88)
- Has scammed many for donations.
- Like many Social Justice Warriors, she cannot hold her own argument. For example, during the HuffPost live debate between her, Fredrick "Hotwheels" Brennen and Erik Kain, she was literally huffing and puffing like a nutcase by the time it ended, and had to resort to calling Hotwheels a liar just to save face and outright insult him about his knowledge of the law despite being wrong herself all the time.
- Speaking of law, She, among others, called for government legislation against negative criticism under the banner of "harassment". This type of legislation violates the First Amendment, which protects U.S. citizens' right to free speech, and includes criticism.
- Recently she has been ensnared in a sexual misconduct violation.
- She sabotaged the Atari founder for his award due to his playboy lifestyle and even after he apologized she and her peers were still unhappy.
- Brianna claims to be a motorcycle hobbyist, however, she doesn’t even have a driver’s license until 2016 and was never seen with a bike besides posing with one. Even though she has purchased a motorcycle later on, it’s unknown whether it’s registered to her or not.
- Her characters from the newspaper comic Socially Unconscious are the same ones who appeared in Revolution 60.
- The FBI is said to despise her, mainly due to the way that she sensationalized her “harassment” and made it as public as possible, which severely hampered their investigation. Some FBI agents are said to claimed that Wu herself needs investigation more than her harassers.
- She attempted to call out the Sonic the Hedgehog twitter account. For a joke they made identifying as a attack helicopter. Saying it was trans phobic. But due to how popular the account is for its weird sense of humor fans of sonic the hedgehog called them out. And creating the hashtag #Istandwithattackhelicopter.
- Brianna Wu on Lolcow Wiki.
- The 9 most annoying Social Justice Warriors on the Internet (Brianna Wu was ranked 6th)
As well as your career
You just killed your own dog and now you're capitalizing on it by bashing GG, I seriously wonder whether you have feelings at all.
- 120px-GG Batch2.jpg
- Wu helicopter.png
Entertain us so me more, SVP!
Please stop ignoring me!
- TB Dismissal.png
- Di19B4 U4AAMKpK.jpg