Jump to navigation Jump to search
Backseat moderators (also known as mini-mods) are users without administrator/moderator powers who act like they do have administrator/moderator powers.
Why They're Rotten
- They can intimidate other users and make them feel uncomfortable, as they are not actually a mod.
- Some are also hypocrites, as they break the rules themselves.
- One example is when a backseat moderator says not to harass or intimidate other users, yet they do it themselves.
- They also talk to trolls (e.g. telling the trolls to stop what they are doing when the trolls know they're breaking the rules), which is troll-feeding.
- They can't even ban the trolls, which is also what will fuel the trolls' attempts to pester them. If a user sees someone breaking the rules, they should just report them instead of giving the trolls attention.
- Some are also rude, as they threaten to punish people or to give them warnings.
- They act like they're a real admin when they're not.
- This also counts as impersonation, as they take over the admins' place.
- Even worse, when they make fake rules, they even force people to follow their "rules".
- Some also do it in order to get attention.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Some can actually help or constructively criticize other users without intimidating them.