All About Explorers
All About Explorers is an "educational" website that supposedly contains histories of various explorers throughout the years. However, it was actually designed to teach students about how some websites that look reliable can be full of misleading or false information.
Why It's Intentionally Rotten
NOTE: As mentioned above, this website is bad on purpose in order to teach students about finding reliable sources.
- The website is full of obvious lies and historical inaccuracies.
- They said that Christopher Columbus was born in Australia even though everyone knows he was born in Italy, and was not only an explorer, but also a notorious racist, psychopathic genocidal, murderer who was responsible for being okay with his men killing and enslaving many Native Americans during the Fourth Voyage to Hispaniola.
- There were warnings through the site saying illegal strings.
- The dates are all wrong and inaccurate.
- They use a nice looking site to go and trick people into using the site, only to prove they think it's funny to screw people over.
- It can ruin a kid's test grade.
- Sadly, someone could of made a website with the same name and have trustworthy information, but if someone else already took the name and used it for a website with lies, there's nothing you can do about it.
- Hypocrisy: They think that the internet isn't the best source when there's a lot of sites with trustworthy information.
- The illegal string messages are long gone.
- It can be good enough to be used to teach students on how to find trustworthy sources on the internet.