People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
WARNING! This article is NSFL!
This article may contain content that is disturbing, including themes of rape, murder, abuse, suicide, drugging, crime, disaster, tragedy, etc.
"I'm a member of PETA! People eating tasty animals."— Gordon Ramsay
"Peta is THE organization to listen to. They love animals so much, they would kill one to prove how serious they are."— Scott The Woz
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA /ˈpiːtə/; stylized as PeTA) is an American animal rights organization based in Norfolk, Virginia; and led by Ingrid Newkirk, its international president. A nonprofit corporation with nearly 400 employees, it claims that it has 6.5 million members and supporters, in addition to claiming that it is the "largest animal rights group in the world." Its slogan is "Animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, use for entertainment, or abuse in any other way.", but the organization itself often does the exact opposite, and they have been the subject of many controversies.
Why They Suck
- Hypocrisy, irony, and false advertising: They claim to be an anti-animal cruelty organization, yet they do the complete opposite. The organization is known for euthanizing hundreds and thousands of perfectly-healthy animals for very dubious reasons (see WIS #4).
- They always make nude protests and compare them with murderers.
- They act like SJWs and want to join them, as they want to bring in fighting against "speciesism" into mainstream SJW ideology through trying to make people do things like use "non-speciesist terms".
- They are absolutely unjustified for the fact they killed over 50,000 animals, no matter how healthy they are since 1998. PETA and their supporters claim that they euthanize animals to give them mercy, but it's not like the animals made the decision to commit suicide by cops just because a morally-superior organization thinks it's best for them.
- They claimed that drinking milk causes autism, which is both completely absurd and offensive to people with the mental disorder.
- They attempted to force pets such as cats or dogs to live on vegan diets, which is essentially supporting animal abuse, as felines and canines require meat in their diet to remain healthy.
- They want to bomb research labs and slaughterhouses, which borders more on domestic/eco-terrorism.
- In fact, the Anti-Terror Unit of FBI investigated PETA for arson, in which the latter helped Animal Liberation Front (ALF, an eco-terrorist group) to burn it down and even defending ALF's crimes.
- Futhermore, they have long-standing ties to the ALF and ELF, which the FBI had classified as serious domesticated terrorist threats, PETA has also given thousands of dollars to arsonists and convicted criminals, helping less than 1% of animals.
- Moreover, former PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation,” adding, “Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do it.” 
- In addition, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk told The Boston Herald: “More power to SHAC [the violent Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty] if they can get someone’s attention.” Six of SHAC’s core members were subsequently convicted for their attacks on businesses, with four serving between three and six years in jail. The PETA Foundation was formerly run by Neal Barnard, president of the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. PCRM has been linked with FBI-designated terrorist groups, including SHAC and the Animal Liberation Front (ALF).
- Speaking of that, Ingrid Newkirk is an avowed supporter of the terrorist Animal Liberation Front. She gives interviews to ALF’s publications, supports the legal defense efforts of ALF criminals (with PETA’s money), has been subpoenaed in regard to her ALF connections, and has even been accused in court documents of participation in the ALF arson of a Michigan State University research lab. The entire episode has suggested what many federal law enforcement officers have openly speculated: that ALF and PETA may be populated with identical personnel, the only difference being a setting sun and a ski mask.
- PETA also has given $2,000 to David Wilson, then a national ALF “spokesperson,” paid $27,000 for the legal defense of Roger Troen, who was arrested for taking part in an October 1986 burglary and arson at the University of Oregon, and gave $7,500 to Fran Stephanie Trutt, who tried to murder the president of a medical laboratory. 
- And to this day, they still support ALF and deny the crimes caused by domestic/eco-terrorist group.
- They believe Pokémon is a metaphor for animal abuse and made Pokémon Black and Blue to provide their message. While their message about the problems with Pokémon ethics is credible, their priorities are all in the wrong places. They decided to demonize innocent Pokémon trainers such as Cheren, Juniper and Ash Ketchum (who would risk his life to save Pokémon from danger), while ignoring actual Pokémon abusers such as the Team Rocket grunts, Seamus, Hunter J and Grings Kodai. They couldn't care less about Lapras and Farfetch'd being hunted to near-extinction and formerly human Pokémon losing their rights because they're no longer considered human, but they will reduce Kyogre to a SeaWorld orca and use Wooloo as an anti-sweater symbol just to cash in on Pokémon's popularity.
- As for the anti-sweater symbol; shearing sheep is actually healthy for them! It's not like they're getting skinned or anything like that. If the sheep are not sheared at all, they will eventually die either due to overheating or being crushed by the sheer weight of their overgrown wool. Professionals are capable of shearing sheep wool without leaving a single cut.
- The exposés and footage are meant to turn us away from harming animals, but it eventually gets so repetitive that you lose all hope for humanity since you know that nothing can make a difference, which nullifies PETA's whole point. As Kreia says: apathy is death.
- "If Aliens Ate Human Meat". Instead of being taught to respect animals, we are taught that aliens don't care about human lives and refer to us as stupid, even the supposed human activist who's supposed to be defending us. With this exaggerated misanthropy, it's pretty clear that PETA still hasn't understood why their approach is pointless even though the answer is right in front of them.
- They hate the concept of seeing-eye dogs for the blind as it's considered animal enslavement. They will leave the blind people scurrying around blindly without giving them any other ways to see, and the dogs aren't faring any better - one PETA employee even boasted about killing a seeing-eye dog on Quora!
- They don't care about the Amazon fires, and believe that you can't care about this ecological disaster if you "have meat in your throat".
- They also don't care about zoophiles despite raping animals is animal cruelty.
- They won't see you any better even if you do follow their advice, and they'll lump you with the other meat-eaters the next time they make a statement. Even if you go vegan, you will still be a target of their wrath.
- They spend far too much time denouncing the treatment of animals in media, which is largely meaningless given that animals lack the consciousness to understand their treatment in the media. This shifts focus away from actually helping animals in the real world.
- They block anyone on their Twitter account that call them out.
- They attack celebrities who eat meat and/or wear fur and leather. Examples are Jennifer Lopez, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Kanye West and Drake.
- They even attacked Britney Spears for wearing a phython for her performance at the 2001 MTV VMAs
- They say that Jesus Christ was vegan, which is blasphemy because one of his favorite foods was fish (said by many Christian pastors).
- They have an account on TikTok and brainwashed a lot of TikTokers.
- Recently, PETA members have also directly threatened and harassed researchers. Yale ornithologist Dr. Christine Lattin said she received threats from PETA after published scientific papers on endangered birds. Lattin — who studies the effects of climate change and environmental disasters on animals — said PETA and its supporters sent her death threats and claimed she was “torturing and killing” birds. PETA members also found out where she lives and protested her house.
- Pro-political correctness: Just when you think SJWs' crappy censorship enforcement does not make you any happy, PETA attempts to pander to SJWs' policies by trying to censor terms or phrases that are otherwise just everyday talk, such as "kill two birds with one stone", with useless euphemisms, which are downright laughable and stupid; only goes to show that PETA tries to control even freedom of speech to enforce their agenda.
- They give reasonable vegans/vegetarians and people who legitimately care about animal cruelty a harmful stereotype.
- They disrespect the dead in ways such as the Stephen Hillenburg tweet and the infamous Steve Irwin tweet.
- Speaking of disrespecting the deceased, PETA has also not hesitated to use the Holocaust in their ads named "Holocaust On Your Plate" that compares the slaughter of animals for human use to the murder of 6 million Jews in World War 2 (which is downright disturbing) — which has angered many people, especially members of the Jewish community. The Central Council of Jews in Germany rightfully sued PETA in 2004 for the campaign, and in 2009, the German Supreme Court banned the images from the country. The European Courts of Human Rights upholded that decision and has banned PETA from using Holocaust imagery in their advertisements. 
- There are many, many ways that PeTA likes to target children with propaganda, including: