|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Rotten Websites Wiki's quality standards.|
Poor grammar, some of the reasons are written in an informal tone, so help improve this page.
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under the age of eighteen.
OnlyFans is an internet content subscription service and based in London. Content creators can earn money from users who subscribe to their content—the "fans". It allows content creators to receive funding directly from their fans on a monthly basis as well as one-time tips and the pay-per-view feature. it got really popular in 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Why it's not Only for Fans
Note: As this page is intended to criticize what is wrong with the website, please refrain from showing any ill will or any forms of harassment on the creators or users.
- Its a website where you have to pay for porn in a monthly fee, some can cost about $35 maybe even more, and pictures can cost around $15 individually.
- There has been child sexual abuse material from underage users.
- In 2020, a third of Twitter profiles globally advertising 'nudes4sale' (or similar) belong to underage individuals, many of whom used OnlyFans to share their content.
- They didn't follow the rules the banks required. As a result, in August 19 2021, Onlyfans said they would no longer allow sexually explicit material due to pressure from banks, but this decision was reversed six days later due to backlash among users and creators alike.
- Though OnlyFans sets restrictions for underage users, many adolescents bypass them. In a new documentary from the BBC, one 17-year-old girl from Scotland admitted she’s been selling nude photos of herself for about a year. It’s now a full-time job.
- In Jun 2020, the company had not paid value-added tax the previous three years, and could face heavy penalties from tax authorities.
- In August 2020, the company is facing multiple allegations of fraud and theft after content creators and users said they had money stolen from their accounts. Radvinsky's previous business ventures were flagged by banks for indicators of money laundering.
- There have been conflicting reports on the safety of the OnlyFans site in terms of personal safety and economic security. Creators have been stalked and harassed by clients, sometimes resulting in the leaking of the creator's personal information. Contributors to the site are hypothetically able to choose when and what they post and who receives it; however, the spike in users has caused competition and has forced contributors to post content that may be outside of their comfort zone to compete with others.