Difference between revisions of "Antitheists"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 07:27, 4 May 2021
Antitheists are people opposed to the concept of people having religious beliefs, to the extent that they despise religious people and constantly lecture about how the world would be a better place without religion.
There is nothing wrong with atheism in itself, as this page is only to address the proponents of atheism who take it too far by discriminating against religious people.
Why They Suck
- They believe that everyone who has religious beliefs is either stupid or a bigot, when there are religious people who recognize the importance of science and it's only the fundamentalist zealots who are homophobic, transphobic, etc.
- They frequently enforce the idea that science and religion cannot coexist, disregarding that some of history's greatest scientific minds had religious beliefs. For example, Sir Isaac Newton, who formulated the law of gravity, was a Creationist.
- They believe that religion is the sole source of the world's conflicts and atrocities, which ignores that there are also non-religious reasons behind the world's problems and is at odds with how some of history's most notorious and oppressive tyrants, such as Mao Zedong and Josef Stalin, were atheists.
- Their anti-religious rhetoric just gives the Religious nut-jobs an excuse to justify persecuting atheists.
- The sheer hypocrisy that they oppose religion because it encourages bigotry, yet they do not see any problem with discriminating against and talking down to people just for having religious beliefs.
- They do have a point that religious extremism is a problem in modern society.
- They're proof that whether or not you believe in God has little bearing on whether or not you're a good person.